Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

"From the room where you killed the gnoll guards, proceed south. The passage goes through a room and winds some, then enters a chamber with an underground river. You will encounter none of my people on that trip, though the king may have reinforced it, I know not."

Need any more help? Grassus' map displays this location as 'lizardmen'

doghead

thotd
Jarval said:
Wolf saunters out of the woods, carrying a rabbit in his mouth. On spotting the two crocodiles, he drops his kill, and growls loudly at the two lizards, slowly advancing forwards to stand beside Marcus.

"Aye, you and me both, Wolf," Marcus says quietly. He laughs, indifferent to the looks he gets from the others. Then his gaze swings around to the lizardman druid.

"G'ruk my friend. Do your kind laugh?"

Jarval

Explorer
"Very well, we shall meet you at the river. Go safely G'ruk." Brioc bids the lizardman farewell.

"If we're all ready to go?" He asks, glancing back at his companions.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis quickly invokes a spell giving his skin a greenish tinge [casts Mage Armour]. "Yes I am ready Brioc".

Krilith

First Post
Dhormium rises from his seat and nods.
"some of us are still wounded, let me tend them first"

ooc: casting cure light wounds on them who need it.

doghead

thotd
Marcus heads back to the gear and collects the lantern. He checks that the oil is full*, then returns to the group. Instead of the crossbow, he carries a shortbow and arrows, but is otherwise kitted out with his shortsword as before.

"Ready."

ooc: I have three one-pint flasks of oil. I havn't been keeping ttrack of the usage. How much do we have left?

Despaxas

First Post
Tullius nods at Brioc. "We're ready. I suggest we stay on our toes, the lizard has all but admitted he's a subject to the Minotaur King. Disturbing to say the least." Tullius hesitates before adding "We should try our utmost to convince the lizardmen we're the ones they should be helping. We cannot show any weakness in front of them or they will strike us down where we stand."

Tullius stands up straight and proud, ready to follow Brioc to the battlefield once again.

Jarval

Explorer
"From my reading of this, the lizardfolk are no friends to the gnolls, but I think G'ruk is working with us without the knowledge of his king. I suspect we would receive a far cooler welcome from any lizardfolk who are not followers of the druid path." Brioc replies to Tullius.

"Mendicus, keep a close watch on Grassus as we go. He is a little frail for us to be dragging him through this, but I see no other course of action as we cannot leave him here alone."

Manzanita

First Post
The party gathers gear and heads back into the caverns. Grassus approaches Ehldannis. "So do you want me to show you the teleportation area?"

I'll assume you're burning lantern oil which Mendicus brought for now.

You wade through the bat muck briefly before getting into the stone hallways. You encounter no resistance as you wind your way down the long hallway on the first floor. Descending the stairs to the second floor, the wide dirt-floored room is quiet. However, as soon as it is scanned with the lantern, loud squeeling erupts again from the rats.

No other sounds or enemies appear.

Inez Hull

First Post
"Perhaps we should investigate this area more thoroughly before we head on?"

Ehldannis turns to Grassus, "Can you show me the place where the Gnolls teleport to the King?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads