Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
G'ruk

"Yes. You have traveled quickly. Perhaps Stonghoen put no more guards in your way today. Interesting." He pauses, turns and points downriver (which is East). "The secret door my father's father discovered is this direction, on the other side of the river. You must cross. And I realize I have forgotten one thing. All around the bend there," he waves his hand south, "it is dangerous to walk on land. Above you are many Stalagmites. Some of them are alive. They fall on the unsuspecting, killing them. Then eating them. They will not fall on us in the water, for then they would drown."

"I think it best that my crocodile ferry you one at a time. It can take you across the river and through the danger zone."

doghead

thotd
Marcus considers the lizardman carefully, looking for any sign of his intentions.

He needs the blood of man cast on the waters. Would these be the waters? Could be a nice way to split up the party and get a little blood in the water. Marcus turns to Brioc. He's not sure how much the lizard man understands. But there is little that he can do about it.

"It reminds me of a story, a scorpion and frog, or someting like that. How does it end again? Oh yeah: 'Its in my nature'.

"With G'ruks warning, perhaps it may be possible to go by land if care is taken."

ooc: Sense Motive 3/+9 (+2 BluffSyn)

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc nods, catching Marcus' meaning.

"How about I go first?" He says quietly. "If anything should go awry, I'll have my scimitar, and I think G'ruk's learnt to respect it to quite some degree."

Manzanita

First Post
crocodile ferry

Brioc steps down to the river and approaches the crocodile. Brioc can see from its eyes that it is no mere animal, servent to hunger and instinct. This is a magical beast, provided by the spirits of animals as a servant to the spirits' earthly representatives, the Druids. The only will this crocodile serves is G'ruks. Brioc steps onto its back, and it backs into the water. G'ruk steps in beside it, and together they slowly navigate downriver, around the bend, and up to the other side. Brioc gets wet feet, but that's about it. G'ruk climbs out alongside Brioc, and the croc heads back for another rider.

As they stand waiting for the others to join them, G'ruk continues his conversation with Brioc. "This is where I first saw the mongrel." He motions up into the darkness above them, and further East down the river. "He descended from the surface on a rope. He then continued up the river through the small passage towards the guardian."

Back with the others, Grassus evinces horror at the crocodile-riding idea, although none can communicate with him well.

Krilith

First Post
~Seeing the little man startle when the croc steps out of the river the dwarf takes pity on the man and tries to comfort and so he hums the tune of a small song that would be sung when the time was there where only Clangeddin himself could change the tide of battle, hoping to sooth the mans worries. When he stops singing he says, in dwarven~ “I don’t like it one bit that I must sit on that creatures back too. But I have faith and the will to overcome my fears, and so can u. I shall go first and you can go on the next ride, okay?” ~Dhormium keeps a friendly eye contact with the scared man, and whilst speaking to him he walks with Grassus to the crocodile~

“I’ll go on the next ride and Grassus can follow after me, that way he will see there is nothing to worry about and he’ll always be in the company of at least two people.”

~And so after a quick prayer for Strength and luck Dhormium turns and steps towards the crocodile and acts as if there is nothing to worry about hoping to calm Grassus’ that way.~

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
"I am not comfortable with this, riding the back of a crocodile is the last thing I expected when my master bade me farewell. However, G'ruk has stayed true to his word thus far and Brioc believes that the common bond of their order will bind him."

Ehldannis will do the best he can, no longer being able to speak his tongue, to cajole Grassus into coming with them.

Jarval

Explorer
"That would match with what we know of him, and the features we observed on the surface." Brioc replies to G'ruk. "There's a well, and some of the archeologists used it to access their dig. We belive the mongrel hid his true nature from them, then stole one of their finds."

He nods in the direction of the retreating crocodile. "Quite an animal, that. You are favoured to have the companionship of so powerful a spirit."

Manzanita

First Post
Oct 23 10 am

A whole life lived as a slave makes Grassus compliant, if little else. Pressing his thin body to the back of the dwarf, Grassus makes the crossing with Dhormium. At last, despite misgivings on several parties, the entire group is gathered downriver. As is his wont, G'ruk stands on the water's edge, letting the waves flow over his clawed, webbed feet. "Are we ready to proceed?" He asks Brioc.

But before the Britain can reply, a tenticle of living water leaps forth from the river and wraps around the Shamen's midsection. Brioc catches a last word, " Betrayed!" before he is jerked into the river.

Brioc recognizes G'ruk's attacker as a water elemental, but larger than any he could summon.

Feel free to act. The elemental is not clearly visible, as it appears as water in the river. G'ruk is visible as he is jerked under the water.

Attachments

• level2c.JPG
    level2c.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 59

Despaxas

First Post
A shocked look on Tullius' face is quickly replaced by one of discipline and determination. "Cohort at the ready! Archers fire! Advance and engage!" Only then does he seem to realize where he is. "Ehm, attack it anyways!" Tullius charges the vaguely seen water elemental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads