Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*For the rest of the evening, it is pleasent, still, and just cool enough to be refreshing. People can finish their meal, and use the drapes to partition off an area for their privacy. The night passes uneventually, and in the early, pre-dawn hours, you all find yourselves suddenly awake. Aware of what time it is, you can start getting ready if you like. Bowls and towels are available, as are pitchers of water to cleanse yourself. Hot coffee is set on the table, as is fresh bread and dates to break your fast.*

*As you prepare yourselves, you can catch faint, not-quite-there glimpses of moment in the buildings. Dawn is not more than an hour off.*

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*After the questions are answered and those with the answers had left Nafeesa rose and make up a plate of food. She headed out of the pavilion to spend some time with Dahad and Adham as well as feed and water them.*

"Well my friends a most interesting proposal has been made. Apparently I am suppose to Rule. How absurd is that? Oh well. You two will be comfortable tonight. It is mild out and the sand is soft."

*Nafeesa decides to stay out under the stars. She enjoys the quite midnight. She will not sleep much this night as too many things have happened to fast to fully process the information.*

*When the dawn arrives Nafeesa is awakened to the sounds of those around her stirring. She pulls herself from bed and stumbles into the pavilion in such of a bowl and towel to freshen up with. Fully awake now she heads back outside and stores her gear. She lays out a blanket and spends the last bit of the quite pre-dawn wondering what this new day will bring.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* The predawn hours find Samira and Shalah entwined in each other’s loving embrace. With a satisfied and content smile on her face Samira’s sleeps the dream she has dreamed every night for a years time so it is with mixed emotions when she starts to stir. *

* She was happy to see the sleeping Shalah beside her, wrapped so tightly in her warm embrace, she was indeed real and the crazed night wasn’t the result of bad dates or to much wine. Yet at the same time, the coming of dawn signaled the end of theirs night’s embrace and the dawn’s test. *

* As she leaned over and kissed her sleeping lover tenderly on her check she couldn’t help but wonder if she wanted that burning throne, she had the only thing she ever wanted in her arms and to add to it now seemed like nothing more than an unneeded complication. *

Beloved? The dawn is near.”

* Her own still sleepy lips search for those of Shalah as her golden hair starts to stir and shimmer in movement. *

*Shalah stretches in Samira’s embrace, then returns the other woman’s kiss. After a moment, she disengages reluctantly.*

“We should be getting ready, dearheart. Whether or not we wish it,” Shalah says with a sultry smile. “Come, we need to wash and find something with which to break our fast.”

*She rises to her feet gracefully, pulling Samira up with her, and searches her bag (which she had brought in last night before retiring) to find an outfit appropriate for the day. She pulls one out of the bundle of Samira’s belongings as well, gracefully tossing it to the other woman.*

“Dress, my dear, for although I would not mind you walking about in your birthday attire, you will stun those others who are not prepared for beauty such as yours.” *Shalah’s smile is of admiration of Samira’s beauty as she awaits the other woman to get dressed before searching out water to wash in and breakfast.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* Though Samira’s soft skin carries a natural pink appearance to it Shalah’s words of admiration cause Samira to flushed in embarrassment as she proudly smiles at her love. *

“If that’s truly what you desire my beloved I shall honor your wishes.”

* Samira dresses quickly, but meticulously, for her lover’s appreciation and before to long the young couple in love adventures to the pitchers of water, where they help each other wash in the presence of a giggle or two. *

* Washed they quickly find food and sit, Samira’s carefree look replaced with one of concern. *

“Beloved? How do you want to handle this test? Should we team up or do you want to go our separate ways?”

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid Human/Genie-kin Scout

Abdul finishes his meal, then goes to tend Sirrocco, feeding and making sure he has plenty to drink. For as the shamaness said there is no telling what these test may bring. He too makes camp outside, for he is unused to such comforts.
He spends some time discussing the situation with Seif al Din. He then gets what rest he can, for he is used to travelling at night in the desert, and resting during the day. He wakes in the pre-dawn hours makes his way to the pavillion where he does his abulations, before getting some coffee, and a light breakfast. As the dawn approaches, he grows increasing anxious, wondering how the test will turn out.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*As the sun dawns, the flickers of movement become clear. The buildings form the edges of a huge, semi-circular courtyard with the oasis in the middle. In the oasis, a part of the water itself seems to rear up like a horse. In the middle of it, you can see a circlet tumbling and whirling inside.* Water Elemental

*At the left edge of the semi-circle prowls out a leopard-like cat, with several vipers that spring from its back. This is a kamadan, one of the predators that's known to stalk the desert oases. One of the serpants curls around a pearl-like circlet protectively.* Kamadan

*Next to it slithers out a huge, brown and tan serpant, at least twenty feet long. It curls around a shimmering brown and gold circlet, and its huge golden eyes gaze at your serenly. Next to is steps out an elegant jackal lord dressed in fine garments. He carries a silver scimitar, a long whip, and has a silverly circlet at his belt.*

*On the right edge is an enormous ronus, the eagle-headed wolves of the desert. He keeps his paw firmly on a glitterly black circlet. Next to him, a huge figure stoops to get out the door. He stands nearly twenty feet tall with bronze skin, an equally large golden falchion at his side. He wears his hair in rope-like locks, and has several skulls (along with a reddish circlet) dangling from his belt. He is a sand giant, the barbaric kin of the more civilized sun giants.*

*Finally, directly across from the pavilion and behind the oasis, sits a creature so bright it's painful to look at. You only get glimpses of scales and claws, and by the tales you've all heard, this must be one of the brilliant sunwyrms.*

*All of the creatures are in a posture of repose, not attack. It seems the first moves are up to you.*

Attachments

• cornsnake.jpg
    cornsnake.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 70
  • jackallord.JPG
    jackallord.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 72
  • ronus.JPG
    ronus.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 74
  • SandGiant.JPG
    SandGiant.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 67
  • sunwyrm.JPG
    sunwyrm.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 66

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid Human/Genie-kin Scout

Abdul muses aloud "my first instincts say the giant would hold my crown. But would they make it that easy?" He asks the group at large.

*While over the morning meal, Shalah replies to Samira's question.*
"From what those who brought us here said, we are free to team up however we wish, as well as mentioning that teamwork was part of the tests." She smiles at her lover. "So I will team with you, if you wish it."

~~~~~~~~~~~

*Shalah looks over the creatures, golden eyes thoughtful. She turns to Abdul.* "May I ask why you think the giant holds your crown?" She smiles at him. "I am just wondering, as I little clue which holds mine... although, I would hazard a guess that the water elemental holds Samira's." *She gestures at the woman at her side.*

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Looking each creature over in turn, Nafeesa is at a complete loss as to which she is to approach. Something in her gut tells her that the Kamadan may have her circlet. There is no real reason why I feel this way. Nafeesa keeps her thoughts to her self. Waiting to see who chooses which creature she stands quietly mulling over her supposed choice.*

Remove ads