Heirs to the Burning Thrones

*Shalah nods with seeming satisfaction when Badra answers and continues lounging comfortably, seemingly unaffected by Badra's sharp glance. One watching would almost guess that she knew the answer to that question as well, and merely wanted it spoken out loud.*
"One must always know the consequences of failure," she murmurs softly.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Brother Shatterstone said:
Glancing around at the others apologetically Samira speaks softly, “I know that it deals not without the test but if you know our heritages could you please tell me mine?” Her voice goes distant as she continues, “I was found in the desert, alone and abandoned by a simply merchant.”
"Five generations ago, one of your ancestors was born in the harem of Mansur's father. He married into common blood later in life, as did his ancestors, until your father, a flamekissed wanderer, came upon a fire nymph at her oasis. And though he knew it was dangerous, he dared to love her. Unfortunetly, you were scarcely conceived before he was burnt to death in the fires of your mother's passion. It was not something she could control, and she mourned your father greatly. She carried you with a heavy burden of sorrow in her heart, and when you were born, left her oasis of fire to leave you at an oasis of water. She wanted you to be taken by your father's people and raised by them, as she was too full of sadness to do so. After you were safely away, she returned to her oasis and has never left," Badra says instantly, as if she had anticipated Samira's question.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* Samira’s amber eyes go wide as she listens to Badra’s causal retelling of her lost and unknown heritage. When Badra finishes her telling Samira is quickly lost in thought for a few long minutes, but she finally replies. *

“My father? What was his name? Mother too…? Is my mother still alive?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Your father's name was Bishr al Dabir. He was born in Akhdar, the son of one of the sultan's clerks. He wandered from a young age, and was welcomed by many of the Nessarine tribes, Cala's among them. Your mother still lives, her name is Azizah. That knowledge may become useful to you later.

"Now, your first test will be a test of your ingenuity. When dawn breaks, out of the buildings will come seven creatures. Each of them holds a crown, a crown that rightly belongs to one of you. You must determine which creature holds your crown, and find some way to obtain it. You may work together and help the others get their crowns. You may use persuation, trickery, threats, violence, or anything else you wish to get them. If you do not have them by noon, the creatures will leave, and you will have to chase them. They will not attack you immediately when they arrive, so do not be shocked at some of the creatures that appear. You may want to slay some of them on sight, but you have at least a few minute's grace to change their attitudes however you wish," Badra says, her eyes bright and luminous. "Enjoy your evening..."

To the ears of the guaridans
This is a dangerous game they play; the risk of injury is great, and there even is a risk of death. Be ready to rescue them against folly. Do not speak of this to them, though advise them against violence if they counsel it.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* Samira starts to ask Badra more questions about her heritage but the words die on her tongue as Badra changed subjects but so close to the truth Samira is unable to avoid asking the questions for long. *

“My mother’s name, how will this serve me? Where’s the location of my mother’s oasis and can meet her when the tests are done?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"You will see, Samira. It will be come clear in the end," Badra says, and raises her hand. "Let the testing begin!"

*With a ripple of moonlight and a faint, incense-scented breeze, they were gone.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* With a look of frustration over the encrypted answer Samira sighs as she leans back against Shalah. “

“I’ve waited my whole life for the answer to those questions… I guess a should be happy that I know more now than I did before…”

* Turning slightly to face her beloved Shalah Samira address all while she flashes a sensuous smile that hints at other things. *

“I guess the only thing to do now is to get some sleep.”

rangerjohn

Explorer
Abdul-Hadid Human/Genie-kin Scout

Abdul thinks how sad, it was hard enough growing up without one parent. Much less both. Aloud he says, "I wonder how much time we have till dawn? Do you think they will allow us to rest?"

*Shalah smiles back at Samira, looking at her from below lowered lashes, her face mirroring the sensuous look.* "Yes, 'rest' would be good, dear one, but as mentioned - do we know what time it is here? Do we have a full night before dawn?"

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* The sensuous smile remains as Samira’s playful eyes continue to address Shalah as her fingers lightly pass over her beloved’s extend arm. *

“Well, my beloved Badra did say to enjoy are evening and I can’t imagine a more enjoyable evening than that.”

Remove ads