Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Windwalker, Human) - Rogue/Fighter/Psion

Tariq said:
"My name is Tariq Salim, of Sagheer. I was wondering where you and your companions are from, and how it is that you came to be here?"

Jibril kept the hood of his cloak up and continued to keep his scarred head from being visible. He bowed slightly and remained so, keeping his eyes on the waist and hands of the person he was speaking to.

"I cannot speak for my companions, but my name is Jibril a'Mussan of Harr and I am a Windwalker by trade," Jibril explained quietly, not wanting to disrupt other conversations ongoing. "As for how I came here, I suspect it was no different than anyone else – at least at the end. I was just completing my patrol when a woman appeared to me in the desert. The woman, called Badra, took my hand and transported me here. Mentioning something about protecting and guiding the heirs to the throne."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* With an appreciative grin towards her beloved Samira takes the wine. As she listens to Shalah’s story Samara slowly sips upon the wine. *

“My own tale is much of the same except that Mansur a'Majid was a prince from a distant land, beyond the mountains to the east of Binum, that had comes to make a deal with Sultan Ala’Kamal, a deal with would make Ala’Kamal an extremely rich man, maybe even the richest of all of the sultans. Mansur was quite powerful; he was able to make it so that no one paid us any attention as we spoke of the test and of his ancestry lands.”

*Recalls Mansur's words Samira's amber eyes go distant as she places the wine, half finished, on the floor next to her and proceeds to wrap her now free hand around Shalah's slender waist. *

“Mansur deceptions where beyond my wildest dreams… He talked of magical fires of every colors, and creatures born of these magical fires, he wanted my help in returning them to Keldev.”

Last edited:

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Nafeesa listens to each tale in turn. Wondering why everyone else is talking of tests and ruling. Feeling quite out of place and longing to either get on with this or be on her way again. She smiling again as the second lady finished her version*

"It is a pleasure to meet the both of you. What of you Cala, if I may ask? What has brought you out here?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I was approached by a man who called himself Az'marash, an old and powerful looking Nessarine who arrived on sandworm back in a most spectacular fashion. I took him for the genuine thing when he asked to see me, and spoke of the need to test the heirs of the Burning Thrones. He spoke of my obvious qualifications, and then with a touch of his hand, brought me here," Cala says in response to Nafeesa's question. Tarek has a very similar story. He was approached by a man he assumed was one of his superiors, the conversation had taken an odd turn about the Burning Thrones, and with a touch, he was here.

*You can speak and feast late into the night. The food is indeed as good as it smells, the wine is wonderful, the coffee is quite fresh. When the meal starts to wind down, with no warning at all, a small crowd of people is standing at the opposite side of the pavilion. Everyone recognizes someone; these are the people that took you here, on carpet or camel or dizzying touch.*

*The woman Jibril, Suhayb, and Omran know as Badra steps forward, seemingly dressed as a prosperous wife, with elegant hennaed hands.*

"You are the heirs of Keldev, the rightful rulers of the Burning Thrones. You have been brought here to test your skills, minds, and spirits so you will be able to rule. These three here," she says, waving at Jibril, Suhayb, and Omran, "are your guardians for these trials, an impartial judge if you will. However, undoubtably you have questions, and during this time, it is not rudeness to ask them."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril a'Mussan (Windwalker, Human) - Rogue/Fighter/Psion

*Jibril continued the conversations, though seemed to hear the same or similar story again and again. He patiently waited until the others present had had their fill of the food before sampling some of it himself. He didn't have a need to eat, but the desire was certainly there.*

*Jibril did not avail himself of the wines or other possible intoxicating drinks, preferring to keep his senses about him in this strange land. He was trying to be observant, watching for trouble . . . and yet was still almost taken unawares by the arrival of those that brought them here.*

*He had questions, but waited until the appropriate time to ask . . . after the heirs had been able to voice their own questions.*

Shalah takes a sip of her wine to cover her surprise at the appearance of the group, and settles further back into her cushions and against Samira.

"What are these tests that you speak of?" She asks into the momentary silence. "What do they consist of - and why do we need to be tested?"

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

* Having been distracted most of the evening by Shalah’s presence Samira tried to hide her surprise at the sudden appearance of the new arrivals but one quick look around those gathered left her more forgiving with her this failure, all where surprised it seems. *

* Feeling slightly uncomfortable with all the talk of tests and she nestled in closer to her beloved. Nodding her head quickly in agreement with Shalah’s words Samira added her own questions before any of them could be answered, it was done not in rudeness but to finish Samira’s own thoughts that Shalah had unintentional left incomplete. *

“And who are we being tested against? Those gathered here, others not seen here, or against some other standard?”

* Samira glances nervously at Shalah as she waits for her own answers. *

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Nafeesa is not too surprised by the arrival of the group. She makes her self a little more comfortable for she is sure they are in for a long talk this night. One of the two entangled women spoke asking the question Nafeesa was sure the rest of these "Heirs" had been pondering. She decides to inquire as to her roll in this group.*

"We have our "Heirs" and our guides... where does that leave me? I seem to be the only one not spoken to of Thrones or Tests."

[ooc: she will not ask her question till after Shalah's question has been answered.]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"These tests," Badra says promptly, obviously having anticipated the question, "will not only satisfy each of us of the others' choice of heir, but also allow you to test yourselves. Most of you have not been trained to rule, and these tests will temper you. There will be tests of logic, of knowledge, of creativity, strength of arms and of will, teamwork, and resourcefulness, all things that a sultan must have to rule."

*When Nafeesa asks her own question, Rayhan steps forward.*

"I will confess to a bit of trickery to convince you to go with me. For the ill child is Keldev, and you are the only healer that can restore her to her former glory by ruling wisely and well," he says with the same odd smile you remember from this morning. Or was it yesterday?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases