Reinventing Spelljammer

LoneWolf23

First Post
Been reading up on Warhammer 40K and I couldn't help but think that refitting a Spelljammer setting along those lines would be interesting. Amongst the factions could be:
-The Orcs and other goblinish races becoming an aggressive military empire with a war-obsessed, Klingon/Predator-esque culture;
-the Illithids being powerful psionis as well as genetic engineers and enslavers, capturing new slaves to increase their reserve of genetic material to breed and clone new slaves for both manual labor and for food diversity;
-The Dwarves and Gnomes, an old Federation of more technologically-minded engineers and warriors, perhaps with Warforged warrior servants and other such constructs;
-the Elves having an ancient, highly advanced techno-magic/biomechanical civilisation that's now on the decline, even if the Elves refuse to accept it;
-A dark sect of Stellar Death Cultists who use Necromantically-powered engines and wander the stars, ravaging worlds and reanimating their dead as undead servants, like combination of Warcraft's Undead Scourge and Star Trek's Borg;
-Dragons who can navigate the stars via ancient occult secrets, playing ancient games of manipulation, fighting an old, secret war between the Chromatics and the Metallics (think Shadows vs Vorlons)
-and the Humans, a growing power in Spelljammer space, earning their place in the cosmos by fighting for it the hard way amongst other races who look down at them as "inconsequential."

So, what do you guys think about such a Spelljammer campaign?

Ranger REG

Explorer
I have no knowledge of the WH40K universe, but someone who is a fan may think this is an idea rip-off.

Personally, I prefer the drow to make perverse yet industrious use of techno-magic and cyberware.

Last edited:

Remove ads