Character help - high strength and dexterous?

Decamber

First Post
Hello!

I'm working on a new character and I'd need some suggestions/opinions on some combos and ideas.

The character is a dwarven fighter (starting at 1st level). He's going to be physically strong, meaning high strength, as well as being dexterous. He'll be fighting with two tomahawks. (Inspired by The Patriot with Mel Gibson; also think Thunder from Killer Instinct).

The following stats are the temporary:

STR 18
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 8
CHA 8

Having the basic character description said, what are your opinions on the stats? What I was thinking, was whether it's logical and suitable in general, with a dwarf with strength 18 and high dex. (The dex is still floating; I've though on increasing it perhaps). Think a small stout man of muscles, doing a somersault and dancing ballet? (This is not my character concept, mind you! :)). I think it could do it, but what do you think?

Moving on, I'd also like to have some additional ideas of how to develop the character furtherly. As aforementioned, I'm gonna make him level 1 and it's a player character. I'm using 32 point-buy.

Oh, the character's name is Sonny il feroce. If you happen to know Italian, and claim that 'il feroce' does not mean 'the fierce', then please tell me and we can blaim Babel fish together! :)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

drnuncheon

Explorer
Decamber said:
What I was thinking, was whether it's logical and suitable in general, with a dwarf with strength 18 and high dex. (The dex is still floating; I've though on increasing it perhaps). Think a small stout man of muscles, doing a somersault and dancing ballet?

Think gymnasts, actually. These are guys who can support their full body weight with their arms held straight out at their sides.

Have you considered a 'caver'? With your inspirations, a dwarven ranger or ranger/rogue might be more appropriate (and you can always switch to fighter later.)

J

Vaxalon

First Post
Since his dex isn't high enough to qualify for the ambidexterity feat, you're going to need to take at least one level of ranger.

Crothian

First Post
Odd stats are a good thing, more people need to take advantage of that. By reducing your con and increasing your dex, you'll get the most out of the extra abilities at both 4 and 8.

med stud

First Post
You could create a dwarf with a rich moustach and no beard, back slicked hair and a very uncomfortable behaviour. The he fights with hammer and sickle, two weapon style.

Sodalis

First Post
you can take three lvl of ftr, and at lvl 4, boost dex to 15, thereby qualifying for amb.

At lower lvl, it is kinda pidly to take a off hand weapon, because you can deal more damage with double handing an axe.

so: dwarven ftr-
char 1, bonus ftr1: power attack, exotic weapon (waraxe)
bonus ftr 2: weapon focus (waraxe)
char 3: cleave
bonus ftr 4: weapon spec (waraxe), abil incr (dex 15)
char 6, bonus ftr 6: amb, twf

by then, your BAB (6), WF (1), str (4) MW axe (1), and dual wield (-4) waraxe will give you a +8 to hit, and 1d10 +6 (4 str, 2 w spec) to damage.

this way, you have twf and amb as feats (not virtual) and so can wear heavy armor- FP and not lose anything.

Also, at higher lvl, you can get boots of spring/stride (double base speed) and get dodge, mobility, spring attack, which is very useful.

at lvl 9, you can take impr crit, and keen your weapons. High dex menas you can also take cmobat reflex (extra AoO)

Also, if you want to take another route, you can put the dex on int and go ftr/duelist. that way, you can take a short sword in off hand and get int bonus to AC and also off hand parry (S&F)

Another favorite of mine is to go ftr/psionic warrior. both have a bonus feat progression, and if you psywarr as you main class, you will be able to manifest some cool abilities to complement your fighting skills...

But that is only your DM allows psionics.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Decamber said:
Think a small stout man of muscles, doing a somersault and dancing ballet? (This is not my character concept, mind you! :)). I think it could do it, but what do you think?

I'm thinking of Joshua Dyal's sig.

Decamber

First Post
Thanks for the replies, all!
I'm bumping this for making it easier to me to reply something more witty, after I've completed this WinXP installation. (It's going up from 5th page).

Remove ads