Bastion of Broken Souls conversion

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
most things are not terribly hard to convert from 3.0 to 3.5 :)

some, however, are. depends on how much dependence there is on things that have changed...

UltimaGabe

First Post
The hardest thing, in my experience, to convert to 3.5 is battle tactics- mainly regarding the old Haste vs. the new Haste (specifically with Boots of Speed, since all the NPCs in the high-level adventures have them). Aside from that, some new magic items and such can be a bit weird, but the majority of the time it isn't too necessary.

Bernardus

First Post
Ok, tnx for the info.

There is one creature in Bastion of Broken Souls, that is hard to convert, because I haven't seen a suitable counterpart in 3.5.
There is a combined creature that is part Devil and part Demon.
In 3.5 you only have a template named Half-fiend, you can't use this, because it doesn't match and if it did, what can you use for the other half?

XanthorDrathos

First Post
Bernardus said:
Ok, tnx for the info.

There is one creature in Bastion of Broken Souls, that is hard to convert, because I haven't seen a suitable counterpart in 3.5.
There is a combined creature that is part Devil and part Demon.
In 3.5 you only have a template named Half-fiend, you can't use this, because it doesn't match and if it did, what can you use for the other half?

She's more or less half marilith and half kyton. Her numerous attacks got restricted in 3.5E severely. With all the changes to haste as well, she will be different.

Bernardus

First Post
XanthorDrathos said:
She's more or less half marilith and half kyton. Her numerous attacks got restricted in 3.5E severely. With all the changes to haste as well, she will be different.

Tnx for the info, know I can recreate her with 3.5 rules.

LizardWizard

Explorer
Laman Stahros said:
Has anyone come up with a replacement for the Positive Energy Protection spell?
You could name it life ward . It would protect you from positive energy (duh!) and from spells like undeath to death. Possibly it would make searing light & Co. less effective, making you a non-undead creature for the purpose of these spells.

Remove ads