D&D (2024) Bastions facilities should just upgrade with level

So I realized with bastions that many of the facilities are sort of thematic upgrades of lower level facilities, like: Library->Scriptorium->Archive or Sanctuary->Sacristy->Reliquary->Sanctum

Now they do in fact have different functions, but they're related to each other and sometimes it might be expected that one might replace one with the other. Maybe not all of them are clearly in a chain, as it's a little harder to pin down for some of them.

But I felt you should do something like pick a Library at 5th level (or whenever), and when you level up at 9th and 13th level it gains improved abilities like those of Archive or other facilities. At least it'll do something about the "you need to be 13th level to have a pub" thing.

mellored

Legend
Agreed.

I prefer the idea that your slowly improving your rooms rather than adding on new wings to your mansion.

I mean, what if your bastion is in the middle of town. Do you need to buy our the inn next door, knock it down, just to expand your Garden into a Greenhouse?

I think it has an added benefit of keeping the number of different facilities lower, and not having to track different BP die sizes (if they're still going with that) for each turn with all the facilities. Just roll 5d8 at level 13 instead of 2d8+2d6+1d4 or whatever.

Remove ads