Recruiting 1-2 players - D20 Call of Cthulhu - Fog over Buenos Aires

Drowned Hero

First Post
*Re-Recruiting 1-2 players (June 2009) - Drop a post if interested in joining. Starting at lvl 3*

Hi everyone. Im taking a big step here, at least if feels like a big step.
Im seeking players that want to join me in a CoC game where i will be at wheel as GM. Ive not been a GM before, but i guess i have to start somewhere/sometime :)
I have over 10 years of roll experience in real life and the last 3 years at Enworld.

Fog over Buenos Aires - CoC D20

First. As it is my first time as GM i will not take more then 3 players on a short game to get a fell of it in a pbp game. The story might evolve to a bigger and longer campaign if the players and myself feel im up to the task.

Second. My first language is not english so bear with my typos and bad spelling/grammar :eek:
---

• [*]The game will be sett to Buenos Aires, Argentina in the Classic Era anno 1930'ish.
    [*]First i want to see a character concept.
    [*]Some connection to the city of Buenos Aires is a prerequisite.
    [*]26 points to buy stats. Make the character as you want but you got the option of using this Character Generator Dont post in the RG untill you get a go.
    [*]I want to keep it simple so you are bound to one meele and one range weapon, having to choose from meele: Hunting knife, Machete
    Baseball bat and Ranged: Generic handgun, rifle or shotgun. Choose what you want but you will need a good reason for having a ranged weapon
    [*]Wealth Rules: Use invisible Castle/roller/. If you roll 1-3 re-roll the dice. I want every profession to get at least half of the max wealth amount.
    [*]When using Invisible Castle Use the full name of the character every time.
    [*]Im gonna handle the dice rolling unless something else is said
You saw a flash of light and a thunder rolled in from the sea. You feel dissy that night, the feeling getting worse as the fog creeps up from the port, nightmares of sea creatures engulfing your soul torments your mind. You awake with a sudden jerk to the morning sun. You dont know how or why but you remember a paper article about a mystic doctor claiming to see trough dreams the past, present and future of mankind.

You arrive at the La Nacion Argentina newspaper by foot from your hostel. You see press corps at their cars waiting for a call to rush off, a street musician is palying a tango tune on his accordion at the corner your at. Some people are listening and noding at the skill the musician have. He sing with a raspy voice a tune about love and despair, his voice bears years of alcohol abuse.

RG - Character thread
OOC - Out Of Character
IC - In Character

Questions?

-DH tormented by Job

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Character Concept & Background so far, more forthcoming later.

Carlos Roberto Xavier
Carlos was born and raised in Buenos Aires Argentina. His father was the head of the local police department and Carlos looked up to him a lot. He was always playing Cops & Robbers with his friends. Carlos almost always was the cop. So from a young age he took to being inquisitive and suspicious. He always watched all the cop shows on television. His attention to detail gave him the ability to recall more information than his peers and always aced his classes. When Carlos graduated from school he sought the best school to pursue a PhD in crime and law. He realized that Stanford was his best bet.

Carlos relocated stateside to attend Stanford. As a dedicated student and by attending classes year long without break he managed to get a PhD in criminology in six short years. After graduating from college Carlos applied to the Stanford Police Department. They saw him as an inexperienced, but highly motivated individual. Carlos quickly rose to the status of Lieutenant after three years and saved as much money as possible while paying off his student loan.

With his loan paid off and a nice little nest egg, Carlos moved back to Buenos Aires and applied to the police force there. Carlos has been hard at work for the BAPD and is currently.....

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
[sblock=My Character]Carlos Roberto Xavier
Male Detective Defensive-Option

Representing Reveille

Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 11 (+0)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 9 (-1)
Size: Medium
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 200 lb
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond
Skin: Tan

Total Hit Points: 6

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 14 = 10 +2 [dexterity] +2 [defense bonus]

Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 10
Defense bonus variant rule is in effect.

Initiative modifier: +2 = +2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +0 = 0 [base]
Reflex save: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Will save: +3 = 2 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (melee): -4 = 0 [base] -4 [nonproficiency]
Attack (thrown): -2 = 0 [base] +2 [dexterity] -4 [nonproficiency]
Attack (pistol): +2 = 0 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Attack (rifle): -2 = 0 [base] +2 [dexterity] -4 [nonproficiency]
Attack (shotgun): -2 = 0 [base] +2 [dexterity] -4 [nonproficiency]
Attack (sub-machine gun): -2 = 0 [base] +2 [dexterity] -4 [nonproficiency]
Grapple check: +0 = 0 [base]

Cthulhu Mythos Knowledge: 0
Maximum Sanity 60
Current Sanity: 60

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
33 lb. or less
34-66 lb.
67-100 lb.
100 lb.
200 lb.
500 lb.

Languages:

Feats:

Pistol Proficiency
Point Blank Shot

Class Skills:

Gather Information
Hide
Intimidate
Knowledge (law)
Knowledge (streetwise)
Listen
Move Silently
Open Lock
Research
Search
Sense Motive
Spot

Skill Name Key
Ability Skill
Modifier Ability
Modifier Ranks Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 3 = +3
Balance Dex* 2 = +2
Bluff Cha -1 = -1
Climb Str* 0 = +0
Computer Use Int 3 = +3
Concentration Con 0 = +0
Diplomacy Cha -1 = -1
Disguise Cha -1 = -1
Drive Dex* 2 = +2
Escape Artist Dex* 2 = +2
Forgery Int 3 = +3
Gather Information Cha 3 = -1 +4
Heal Wis 1 = +1
Hide Dex* 2 = +2
Innuendo Wis -1 = -1
Intimidate Cha 3 = -1 +4
Jump Str* 0 = +0
Knowledge (law) Int 7 = +3 +4
Knowledge (streetwise) Int 7 = +3 +4
Listen Wis 5 = +1 +4
Move Silently Dex* 6 = +2 +4
Open Lock Dex 6 = +2 +4
Perform_1 Cha -1 = -1
Perform_2 Cha -1 = -1
Perform_3 Cha -1 = -1
research Int 7 = +3 +4
Ride Dex 2 = +2
Search Int 7 = +3 +4
Sense Motive Wis 5 = +1 +4
Spot Wis 5 = +1 +4
Swim Str** 0 = +0
Use Rope Dex 2 = +2
Wilderness Lore Wis 1 = +1

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Carlos Roberto Xavier's Equipment:
Handgun, generic (damage 1d10, crit. x3, capacity 9, range incr. 20 ft., multifire)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
How do you want to handle starting wealth?

Considering my characters background (6 years to get a PhD in criminology, 3 years on the Stanford PD before heading back to Argentina) is it possible to get a bonus on my Profession modifier?

Drowned Hero

First Post
How do you want to handle starting wealth?

Considering my characters background (6 years to get a PhD in criminology, 3 years on the Stanford PD before heading back to Argentina) is it possible to get a bonus on my Profession modifier?

Wealth Rules.

As detective yo get a -1 modifier to a 1d6 roll. Use invisible Castle/roller/. If you roll 1-3 re-roll the dice. I want every profession to get at least half the max amount.

And no, no bonuses. It is after all a lvl 1 character.

Remove ads