L4W Discussion Thread V

WEContact

First Post
Thank you, [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION]. How do you put links in your signature, by the way?

Is there an up-to-date list of active PCs? Usually I start brainstorming builds by looking to see what classes or roles are under-represented in whatever game the build will be for.

If there isn't, can anyone give me some general impressions as to what classes are over-represented, or what roles always seem to be in short supply when it comes time to start an adventure?

BenBrown

First Post
Thank you, [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION]. How do you put links in your signature, by the way?

Is there an up-to-date list of active PCs? Usually I start brainstorming builds by looking to see what classes or roles are under-represented in whatever game the build will be for.

If there isn't, can anyone give me some general impressions as to what classes are over-represented, or what roles always seem to be in short supply when it comes time to start an adventure?

I think you have to be a paid supporter to put links in your signature.

As to what classes are under-represented? It really varies a lot. We've had leader shortages and leader gluts. We've had parties with three defenders and parties with none at all.

Your best bet would be checking who's in the tavern currently at low level, since that's going to be your initial party. If there's an abundance of first level defenders you're more likely to get into an adventure with a non-defender and so forth.

There's a list of approved characters, but of actual active characters, not that I know of.

Rapida

First Post

This should be pretty up to date, it is auto generated from the characters in the wiki. Now, some of those people could have stopped playing and left their characters on the wiki of course...

Velmont

First Post
I can't find a place where it is told (it doesn't seems to be in the character creation Guide). At level 5, we get a free Expertise feat, right? And we can take any expertise feat. With L4W and LEB distinctive ruling, I am always confused...

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Here we go, from the charter:

From Player's Handbook 2: Amendment: The Expertise feats are not allowed until Level 5, and all characters at level 5 get a free Expertise feat. (Discussion here)

I think it's any.

WEContact

First Post
Okay, so looking through Recent Activity on Wikia and the Tavern thread I've deduced that within the level 1-3 range there are a pretty good number of Leaders, a few Strikers and Controllers, and few Defenders.

I'm thinking about doing a Defender|Defender hybrid, something oddball. I'd think about a Swordmage|Artificer if there weren't already so many low level Swordmages and Artificers. Also thinking about hybriding something with Warlock, like Paladin. Any thoughts? Anything you'd like to see, or hate?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
If your interested in a Paladin/Warlord I'd take a look at Paladin/Bard, it's kind of like the other half of the Paladin. Primary cha, and you get attack powers from each, with decent healing and some control.

WEContact

First Post
I found a bunch more low level folks today looking through active adventures, and there are more Strikers and Wizards than I thought, but still not many Defenders.

Very cool build, Gary. If I do a Paladin, it will definitely be a Tiefling. Don't hybrids with Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid) get a third At-Will at level 3 even if they pick the Hybrid Encounter Power option instead of the Power Point option at level 1? It looks like you only have 1 Battlemind At-will.

Remove ads