• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Old School Mash-Up] The City of the Sleeping Demon

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Thuddar says, "Quick! Find something heavy!" He grabs the first bit of nearby furniture (trash can, chair, etc), and tosses it over the edge at the insects.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Attila, giant mutant spider.

Attila scrambles over to where she can see the creatures.

"Oh, they are quite ugly. And I forgot to bring a chair."

Focusing her thoughts, Attila begins channelling heat into the nearest creature.

[sblock=OOC]Temperature Control: Range 90 feet, 1d6 damage accumulating, max 10d6 damage.
So this round, 1d6=[2][/sblock]

Electric Wizard

First Post
Wing is glad that the creatures were spotted before they got too close. He would never risk hurting his companions with his fearsome firearm. He smiles, confident that even demons bleed. Everything that moved did.

"Get off of our tower!" he cries.

He fires a fragmentation grenade at a scuttling demon.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Demon Attack! Round 1

Locations
Terrace: Thuddar, Melina
Small balcony: Wing, Attila, Mogullen
Inside: Martik, Narford, Onslau

Thuddar says, "Quick! Find something heavy!" He grabs the first bit of nearby furniture (trash can, chair, etc), and tosses it over the edge at the insects.

"On it!" Onslau says, rushing from the terrace back into the building. "Martik! Narford! We need debris!"

Meanwhile, Thuddar hefts a chunk of rubble -- a crumbled bit of concrete cornice -- and drops it over the edge toward the insects. The cornice falls, skips against the building, and then bounces into one of the bug things. It shrieks as the impact tears it from the building to drop back into the darkness of the street.

Melina wakes up from her slumber, eyes wide with alarm.

On the small balcony, Mogullen looks over that railing toward the street. "We've got company over here too!"

Attila scrambles over to where she can see the creatures. "Oh, they are quite ugly. And I forgot to bring a chair." Focusing her thoughts, Attila begins channelling heat into the nearest creature.

The closest creature's carapace starts to steam, but whatever discomfort it might feel does nothing to slow its rapid ascent.

Wing is glad that the creatures were spotted before they got too close. He would never risk hurting his companions with his fearsome firearm. He smiles, confident that even demons bleed. Everything that moved did. "Get off of our tower!" he cries. He fires a fragmentation grenade at a scuttling demon.

The grenade explodes roughly between the two monsters. The explosion shatters glass and echoes thunderously. Both monsters scream and go flying, falling out of sight to the flooded streets.

OOC: Actions? Also, can we do dice rolls where appropriate, please. :)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Thuddar whips out his firearm and takes a shot at the next nearest enemy. "Do you suppose these are the creatures in which our new friend was so afraid?"

OOC: I rolled up a primitive firearm on my character sheet but I don't ever think we determined what it was. If it is appropriate to use here, I will. If not, I'll fire my crossbow. Natural 13 on my d20 roll and a THACO of 18.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4033408/

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Sorry for the hold up. I was out of town much of the week.

Onslau and Martik haul a piece of wall onto the terrace as Thuddar fires a shot toward the street. Something in the shadows screams. Melina covers her ears.

Then, several minutes pass. The only sounds are night sounds. The chirrup! of bugs, the whisper of the wind. Those leaning over railings to look toward the street below see no sign of the bug-things.

"Is that it?" Onslau asks.

XP Award: +250 XP!

Electric Wizard

First Post
Wing utters a relieved chuckle as he holsters his grenade launcher. He plods off his post and joins the rest of the group.

"If this is all the demons can throw at us," he says, "we could be kings here."

Quickly, he kisses his fingers and touches the floor, as to not tempt fate.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Ag! So many delays! This time it's end of school year stuff. Fortunately, today is my last day with students for until late August. :)

The rest of the night passes without incident. Wing's observation about the "demons" lack of offensive fortitude still hangs in the air. In the morning, growling stomachs remind folks of Thuddar's musing about food. Onslau especially feels the pangs. He is weak and probably a bit feverish.

"Damned metabolism," he grumbles between gritted teeth. "Too fast for the amount of food we've had lately."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads