[Old School Mash-Up] The City of the Sleeping Demon

Electric Wizard

First Post
Wing's face twists into a gargoyleish grimace as he watches the sucking, vile mass slither back down the stairwell. He loads a fragmentation grenade into his launcher.

"Thuddar, that was a roaring good trick!" he says with a laugh.

His show of joy betrays his worry at what could have caused such a thing, without even alerting them. What kind of creature could be toying with them? He pats Melina's head.

"Nothing we can't beat, little one," he says.

doghead

thotd
, Thuddar's "trick" has dramatic results. The resinous material becomes pliable and recoils away from his life-draining power. The mass retreats down the stairwell, making strange sucking and popping noises as it moves.

"Thuddar, that was a roaring good trick!" he says with a laugh.

Attila breathes a sigh of relief. Wing expresses it perfectly.

"Yes, well done Thudder."

Turning to the rest.

"Right then everyone. Gather up your stuff. We are leaving."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I'm just glad that little trick was useful for once. Usually I am with companions and dare not try it. Let's hope we don't run into that thing again." Thuddar heads down the stairs, keeping a lookout for more danger.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Everyone assembles at the top of the stairwell. It doesn't take long at all to figure out that the mass hasn't really dissolves so much as it has retreated farther down the stairwell, moving until it's out of the range of Thuddar's strange mutant power. Three more floors have been opened up below the penthouse level.

doghead

thotd
Attila shrugs, which is a really rather complicated movement in the case of a spider.

"I was rather hoping that it had just bugged out.

"Or died.

"Thuddar, do have the strength to push it all the way down the stairs? If not, we will have to look for another way down, or a way around it."

[sblock=OOC]On the way up the party investigated a number of floors. Are there any other ways down? Another set of stairs, or an elevator shaft? Or even sections where the floor has fallen through leaving a hole?[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: There are two elevator shafts. Some of the floors have been damaged over time. It might require some tearing up of stuff, but dropping from one floor to the next could be possible.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Thuddar answers, "Yes, I can keep pushing it. But if it's intelligent at all it could slowly be leading me into a trap of its own. It might be a good thing if you follow a few dozen feet behind, just in case, if you want me to try."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Thuddar's "trick" continues to work, pushing the mass farther and farther down the stairs. It also diminishes slightly in size, certainly not enough for anyone to squeeze past it. As the group follows behind, it seems as if Thuddar's worries about the blob being sentient are misplaced. Access to other floors quickly becomes an alternative to continuing down the stairwell.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Well, how about that... alright then. Where to? The nearby village, perhaps?" Thuddar asks happily as his 'trick' was useful to his comrades for once.

doghead

thotd
Access to other floors quickly becomes an alternative to continuing down the stairwell.

Attila leaves Thuddar to his work and takes the opportunity to scout the floors looking for a way down and around the blob.

"Does anyone have any rope?"

[sblock=OOC]So does it look Thuddar is going to be able to drive the blob to the ground floor, or does going around seem like a faster option?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads