• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Systole

First Post
Midway through Eanos' accusation, a tremor runs through all three of the remaining undead. When then one that the don was speaking thorough returns to the fray, its expression is as vacant and hungry as the other, and it does not speak this time. Something seems to have disrupted the don's direct control.

The undead press their attacks mindlessly, striking Tyrien and Heinrich.

davel_150.jpg

. . . . . . Davel . . . . . .

[sblock=Combat]Combat Map

End of Round 3: Three attacks on Heinrich, three on Tyrien, three on Eanos. Eanos gets lucky and does not get hit. Tyrien takes 5 damage and a DC 14 Fort or level drain. Heinrich takes 9 damage (all of which goes to Stoneskin) and a DC 14 Fort or level drain.

Round 4, party is up.

Minion 1: AC 23, touch 19, flatfooted 17, CMD 19. Near death (10/60 +5 if drain successful).
Minion 2: AC 23, touch 19, flatfooted 17, CMD 19. Near death (16/60 +5 if drain successful).
Brute Minion: AC 25, touch 13, flatfooted 22, CMD 22. Dead.
Sneaky Minion: AC 22, touch 16, FF 17. Badly injured (23/68). Small size. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich shrugs off the damage and shivers with the cold, but otherwise shows no other effect. He points his finger and carefully aims a blast of 5 foot wide jett of flames.

dc 21 for half damage or full damage and on fire if fail. 1d6+5=9 vs minion 1
su power so no concentration check needed.

ooc: Man, I was so sweatin this, but,:

1d20+6=22
[sblock=stat block] Init +2, Perception +10 Move 30'

AC: 12[base]; 14 [w/ shield spell]; 16 [w/ Ablative Barrier spell]; 18 [w/ shield and abl barr]
touch: 12; Flat Foot: 10 [shield or ablative barrier may apply]

AC: 16 touch: 16; Flat Foot: 10 cat's grace and shield

HP: 38/38 Fort: +5, Reflex +7, Will +9, BAB +4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Consumables: Wand of CLW [cl1] 50/50 charges; Wand of Magic Missiles [CL1] 45/50 charges
oil x 6 pints; sun rods x 6; Alchemist fire x 1; Scroll [stone shape cl 7]
In hand: Dagger
Effects:
light source: Lamp, common; cantrip: light [dur: 90 mins]
Per day use abilities:
Fire jet DC 21 [Used: 1/8]

Dancing flame [used 0/4]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wizard Spells prepared]
0 Level * acid splash * Detect Magic * Light * Resistance

level 1: * comp lang * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * ear pierce scream * Feather fall * magic missile
*magic missile * Shield
pearl of power lv 1: Shield
pearl of power lv 1: Magic missile
pearl of power lv 1: Magic Missile

level 2: * Cat's grace * See invisibility * Flaming Sphere [ev,E] * Resist Energy [E] * Scorching Ray [ev, E]
* Levitate
pearl of power lv 2: Cat's grace
pearl of power lv 2: scorching ray (ev,E)

level 3: * Fire ball (**,ev,E) * Dispel Magic * Haste * ablative barrier * lightning bolt
pearl of power lv 3: ablative barrier

level 4: * summon monster 4 (E)* Stone Skin * stone skin * Detonate * Black Tentecles

level 5: * lightning arc * wall of force * Elemental body [E] * Teleport

Legend:
( - ) denotes a cast spell
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]
too much time on my hands.

Attachments

• evil unto evil.docx
    27.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien felt the cold death chill of the wight’s touch and winced again. “Gah! I hope there is a way to reverse these effects or they will wear off soon.”

“I do not think this is the last of these undead minions we will deal with, we need a better way to keep them from getting close and personal.”

She stepped back and continued to fire arrow after arrow. “Can’t you drop the badly damaged one? You keep blocking my shot and making it harder for me.”

Tyrien’s arrows eventually drop the wight in front of her.

[sblock=Actions]Fort Save (1d20+7=9)
5ft step, updated Map
Full Attack: 1st Arrows at Minion 2 (RS,MS,PBS) (1d20+13=15, 2d8+26=36)
2nd Arrow at Minion 2 (RS,PBS) (1d20+13=31, 1d8+13=16)
3rd Arrow at Minion 2 (PBS) (1d20+8=27, 1d8+13=14) = 30 dmg for KIA even without confirming the Critical[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +17 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 62 Current: 49 (-10 HP Energy Drain)
CMB: +8 CMD: 27(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5 (includes -2 Energy Drain)
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO), -2 Level Energy Drain
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Too bad Heinrich can't summon critters to block them for us," Eanos offers to Tyrien's concerns about oncoming undead as he tries to position himself to better deal with all those remaining. "Don't imagine our employers are going to offer us meatshields, either, much as we'd like, yes?

"On the upside, think we might just have hit something a little close to home,"
the inquisitor says with a smile. "Secrets are power," here for a moment a whispered voice seems to emanate from Eanos' bow. "And looks like we know Rosa's, or she wouldn't have had to yank Armando out of earshot so quick."

His smile turns cold, and Eanos plants a double shot directly in the wobbly head of the undead on the roof with him, sending the creatured tumbling backward. He quickly changes focus, firing the next two arrows at the remaining undead on the ground. His first shot goes wide, but the second digs into the creature's forehead with a wet thunk.

[sblock=ooc]UPDATED MAP

Swift Change Purity for Justice (+2 sacred attacks)

5' ft step

Full Attack: Starting with sneaky, moving to Minion 1 (he's the one still standing down below, right?) if sneaky falls. I suspect Minion 1 has partial cover from the roof, but that affects his AC and not Eanos' bonus on the rolls, so no reason to delay rolling :

Rapid Shot, PBS, Bane, Justice, Manyshot attack;Manyshot Damage with PBS, Bane boost, Destruction;Manyshot Bane Damage;Rapid shot, PBS, Justice, Bane attack (iterative); Damage with PBS, Bane boost, Destruction; Bane Damage; Rapid Shot, PBS, Justice, Bane attack; Damage with PBS, Bane boost, Destruction; Bane Damage (1d20+16=34, 2d8+18=27, 4d6=12, 1d20+11=14, 1d8+9=11, 2d6=5, 1d20+16=26, 1d8+9=15, 2d6=5)

39 damage to sneaky with the first attack, so he's down.

Second attack definitely misses. I believe the third shot hits even with cover (or if it's one off, Tyrien may be able to Timely Inspiration bump it), if I've figured it right (22 +4 cover)? If so, it's 20 damage to him, which I think drops him, too.

Recover miss (high = yes) (1d100=12)

Since I'm not 100% on whether he took out the last wight, though, I'll hold off posting 'post battle' actions.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:68 Current: 42
Senses: Perception 19 (23 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 22/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +7 (+9 w/ purity, +10 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +11 (+13 w/ purity, +14 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)
* Hat of Disguise to look like Gemma
* Boots of Spider Climbing (minute 1)
* Bane Undead (+2 attack & damage, +2d6 damage)
* Judgments: Justice (+2 sacred to attacks) & Destruction (+4 Damage)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit & damage / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 18/31 (4 recoverable after combat)
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 22/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 9/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 2/3 Remaining
Determination: 4/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 3/7 remaining
Bane: 5/9 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 9/9 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 70'/90' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Heinrich glances back and sees the wall. "We are running out of room"

Knowledge: planes check to see how to reverse negative levels
1d20+17=32

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
The undead fall and the battlefield is quiet for a moment, except for Davel. The boy is curled into a fetal position and whimpers softly as he rock back and forth. Gemma hurries up to him, but the young man takes no notice of her. "Davel? Davel?" she asks, but he's barely responsive. The old woman shakes her head and looks up at you. "Thank you for dispatching those things ... whatever they were. But the boy's in shock. He'll be alright in time, I think, but I don't know how much he'll have to say in the meantime. You can try, but I'd appreciate if you'd not press too hard."

She looks at Tyrien. "Are you well, girl? You look a-chill. Should I send for the priest to lay hands on?"

davel_150.jpg
fisher2_150.jpg

. . . . . . Davel . . . . . . . . Gemma Moressi . .

[sblock=Combat]Combat over.

Tyrien advances (advanced a bit back, actually). She is level 10 with 85079 experience as of today. Eanos falls just short of leveling with 70889 today, but will ding from TBX with 71005 tomorrow.

The brute minion has a +1 greatsword and +1 fullplate. The sneaky minion was using a pair of +1 small daggers.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien set about recovering some arrows, not finding much luck with the ones that missed. She stood over the boy with Gemma consoling him and replied to the old woman, “I have been better, Gemma. Those creatures have a draining effect to their touch. I feel weaker and cold. So yes, I think a priest would be welcome as my limited spells cannot fix this sort of thing.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO), -2 Level Energy Drain

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC Note]Do you have the actual date of the level-up, Systole?[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

The "Gemma" on the roof kicks the undead to the ground so that the group can loot it with the others. She touches her wide-brimmed hat, and her features melt and shift until the familiar, ginger archer is once again standing there.

As Gemma moves to check on Davel, Eanos walks his way down the wall, tapping his shoes again when he reaches the ground to conserve their magics, and quickly grabs up the arrows which survived. At the discussion of the cold undead touch, he cocks his head to one side, as if listening to someone.

"Issolatha's been watching what we're doing," he offers with a bit of a grin, "And it sounds like she may have a secret or two to share with me that may come in handy. I won't be able to cure the chill in your bones, Tyrien, but might have something to block it if we run into it again."

"Got no interest in breaking the broken, Gemma," Eanos agrees when she asks them to go easy on the boy, though he does squint slightly, studying the pair a moment. "But now that the shambling nasties aren't shambling, maybe you can tell us what you know about Rosa and Davel, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Eanos is going to use his Detect Evil ability, with the cone taking in Gemma and Davel where they're at. He doesn't expect to find anything, but at this point, he's not sure just how intertwined this little plot goes, so better safe than and all that.

Level up = sweet :)

I'm planning to add Halt Undead and Death Ward to Eanos' spells known with the level up. He won't be able to cast Death Ward enough to cover all three folks, but with Dimensional Hop, he might be able to suppress effects for anyone who gets caught in melee.

I briefly considered having him learn Restoration, but the material component cost means we'd still have to run for supplies, anyway, so if we can do that, a priest seems just as fast if not faster. He has a Lesser Restoration scroll, but that's not going to do anything, unfortunately.

Eanos can't do anything with the armor or greatsword, but wouldn't mind carrying one or both of the daggers for the rest of the adventure. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:68 Current: 42
Senses: Perception 19 (23 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 22/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +7 (+9 w/ purity, +10 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +11 (+13 w/ purity, +14 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)
* Detect Evil

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit & damage / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 22/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 22/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 9/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 2/3 Remaining
Determination: 4/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 3/7 remaining
Bane: 5/9 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 9/9 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 70'/90' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

ooc: I also did a knowledge: Planes to find out about the level drain
also, none of the items interest Heinrich.

IC: Heinrich scans the whole area to determine what if anything is magical, first. once that is collected he will scan gemma and davel and help in looting the re-deaded bodies.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien set about looking at the equipment on the destroyed undead and noted the finely crafted armor and weapons. “Such spells that I might need are potentially expensive. We better take these weapons and armor to help pay for it. Heinrich, would you check to see if they are magical as well?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 2/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC Note]The items are vender trash then since Tyrien doesn’t need them either. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads