• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwimmermount IC:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Stand yeerself aside, Klyman: digging through solid rock's a dwarven thing!"

<If Klyman agrees:
So saying Midgrim drops his pack and extracts one of his many metal spikes, placing it near the inside edge of the Thulian mortal. [Ready when you are, brother.]

Gargrim, already in position, lifts up his warhammer...

OOC: Planning to have a look-see through the hole once they first pierce through, but otherwise the idea is to "chisel" the plug out, so any breakables within don't get broke.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman quickly gets out of the way. He knows better than to stand between a Dwarf and an unsuspecting rock!

Imperialus

Explorer
The old concrete crumbles away revealing a small alcove with the glimmer of gold inside. Pulling the coin out you find 40 old Thulian gold coins and 100 pieces of silver.

OOC: Old coinage has a variable value. At the very least a Thulian coin is worth double it's equivalent value in either Termaxian or modern City State coinage as Turms Termax began debasing the coins of the empire and the city states have continued the tradition. It is entirely possible that it may be worth more to the right buyer though. It'd probably be worth your while to try and sell them to the gemcutter in Muntburg rather than using them to pay for stuff as is.

Binder Fred

"Muhahahaha! Gold, friends! THULIAN gold! None of that debased city states stuff for us!" Midgrim fairly caresses the precious little disks, marveling at the sheer weight of them despite their small size. "Just look at it shine...."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi quickly turns back from the corridor when he hears the commotion. Holding his lantern high, he sees the unmistakable gleam of gold and silver as the two Dwarves begin to empty the alcove. A smile creeps across his face.

"Gold, you say? Excellent!"
he hustles over to rejoin the group and examine the loot. "Well done. We are but a few rooms into this dungeon and already have found treasure the likes of which are rarely seen by most men! So, where next for the Iron Defenders?"

Binder Fred

"Hm? Right.... Right." Midgrim shakes off some of the gold lust, even if a wide grin still linger across his rough dwarven features. "Yee take half, Gargrim, and I'll take the other?" Safer that way.

Like an addict whose just gotten a taste, the rotund dwarf knocks around the small alcove, hoping for a secret bottom or something, with even MORE gold within.

OOC: Midgrim examines the alcove for any further secrets... Anything?

"Right... Well, if'n yee delicate things STILL want ta rest, I'll say we go back ta the entrance room, clear that corridor right next ta it ta avoid any suprises, and then camp out there. Nothing disturbed those two bodies, so it should be pretty safe for us too, I figure." That good? ask his brown eyes.

OOC: If it is, Midgrim will just peer down the exit Jimmi DIDN'T look at before they go. Just to be clear, he's suggesting they explore the corridor going south next to room 30 and then camp in said room.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

'I don't know, this exploration stuff isn't nearly as hard as I heard it would be. Maybe we could look into a few more caves or chambers before we rest?" Klyman doesn't seem to be offended by the two Dwarves hogging all the gold found so far. Perhaps it is because he may have an idea that a greedy dwarf and his baubles can be easily parted?

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi nods in agreement with the thief.

"Perhaps we could explore just a little further, Klyman... and then, Midgrim, we might recuperate near the entrance as you suggest." he says. The haul of gold has buoyed Jimi's spirits, and he too feels a little more enthusiastic about further exploration. "Our spells may be spent, but we still have two stout Dwarves and a nimble thief to keep us out of harm's way."

"We could even divide up the treasure evenly between us all while we rest." he adds, a touch of sarcasm creeping into his voice, and a subtle grin playing across his face.

Binder Fred

Midgrim, about to celebrate, widens his eyes with disbelief instead: "Are yee crazy, priest? They're *Thulian*! [I said it was Thulian gold before, didn't I?]" aside to Gargrim.

A sigh and saddened shake of the head: "I'll give yee your share right now if'n yee want, but it'll trade THREE TIMES face value if yee know who ta talk to!" Still he reaches into the just-closed bag, automatically pinching 8 gold coins by feel alone but not quite bringing them out yet... "Yee still want them?"

OOC: Midgrim will definitively look down the other passageway after this then.

Remove ads