• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MnM3 Centropolis (Re-bot)

Thinking about it again, I'd probably do the split at the 5/10 range so sometimes she's awesome (10 rank power in pl8) and sometimes she's just a nuisance (5 rank power in pl8). Probably a light ray attack, an area of effect nova style attack, a light attack that induces blindness, and to cap it off a weak "look at me" power (and the boy hates being noticed looking like a girl). Now I have to see if I can get that into 120ish points and still have room for, ya know, ability scores. :)

Oh, and if the shadowy character is still playing, she'd probably be cautious around him since shadows hide from the light.

Maybe one or more of the other character's recognize my character's hero costume from an obscure Anime that my character knows nothing about. :)

The transgender community thanks you for your use of that lovely trope. ;)

I do not plan the character to ever get use to it. The character will perpetually have dysphoria when in hero form. Now, if you feel that is still offensive, I can change characters. But no offense was meant. I just wanted to do something different.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
It's purely mock offense, thought the smiley covered that.

It's a trope for a reason and doesn't really bother me.

Now I want to play a trans girl still closeted and trapped in a male role as a giant goonish brick, and secretly hating your character. That comes too close to "Therapy by RPG" for me though.

Shayuri

First Post
Interesting. A light-slinger, eh? Kitsune's photokinesis might be able to do entertaining stunts with that power. :)

But I think we're PL9 now, yeah? 135 points to play with.

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes PL9 with 135 Power Points. You can use Trade-Offs but I still prefer we limit them to +/-3 (maybe 4 but I want to limit that to maybe one thing)

GreenKarl

First Post
So if the Shadow and Kitsune return you could each add a new Complication - Enemy. The Shadow's would of course be Parkour, whom he has tangled with a few times since the Terminus Event, and who has always managed to escape (and she MIGHT even be part of the reason why his daughter has powers now!) and Kitsune would have Baron Havok, whom blames her for 'outing' his secret identity and destroying his reputation as a Professor at Centropolis Central University.

Both of you could also (if you want) take Death Magnet as an enemy also has she is very vengeful and you both thwarted her plans :)

It's purely mock offense, thought the smiley covered that.
LOL, I only recently returned to ENWorld so I'm not use to the smileys. I didn't know that was a wink. I thought it was some kind of growl.

It's a trope for a reason and doesn't really bother me.
Well, I was trying to stretch the trope by avoiding the annoying "Oh, now that I've changed, I prefer it this way" mindset.

Now I want to play a trans girl still closeted and trapped in a male role as a giant goonish brick, and secretly hating your character. That comes too close to "Therapy by RPG" for me though.
Well, RPGs are for exploring.

Is there a world background post somewhere? I looked at the beginning of this thread and didn't see any links. I don't want to read the IC thread since that would contain info my char wouldn't know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads