• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

tglassy

Adventurer
Interest Check (OPEN to ALL)

I’d love to connect Derek with some of the other PC’s. He is a hard man, definitely leaning towards an evil alignment, at the best Lawful Neutral, but he has principles, and is capable of...well, something close to friendship. He would not hesitate to cut down a friend if that friend betrayed him, and he doesn’t put much stock into mercy, but he will not betray those he has decided to work with. In fact, he will likely be the most dependable one in the group. You can depend on him to carry his weight. You can depend on him to do everything he can to help the party accomplish its goals.

And you can depend on him to take your head off if you wind up betraying his trust.

He believes himself to be the best choice to rule...well, the world. He is not corrupt, and everyone else is suspect. He won’t insist on leading the group, but titles, and conquest, are his goals.

Since we are at lvl 5, it’s been a few years since he took his oaths, so it’s possible he knows some of the other PCs either from before his imprisonment or since his release. Any thoughts?

tglassy

Adventurer
Seeing as he would have children his age, I can see Derek taking the half elf under his wing in an attempt to teach him right from wrong. Someone that young, Derek would consider his crimes to be more a failing of the government than of the youth. Maybe Karlysle tried to steal from Derek, and got caught, and Derek offered to let the boy travel with him?

I feel like Derek would overlook a lot of individual crimes, if the person committing them is simply desperate and only in that situation because of a corrupt government. His wrath would be saved for the corrupt and those who blatantly prey on others for their own gain.

Li Shenron

Legend
Lorelei

Not sure if it will fit with the adventure, but I am interested in playing a Warlock for the first time, so here is my candidate PC:

Stats:
STR: 8
DEX: 15 (or 16 if we should include the 4th-level ASI)
CON: 13 (or 14 if we should include the 4th-level ASI)
INT: 10
WIS: 12
CHA: 14

Half-Elf
Warlock
Archfey Patron
Neutral

Background:
Wilderness Hermit
Skills: Animal Handling and Survival
Prof: Herbalism Kit
Lang: Sylvan
Feature: Wanderer (from Outlander background).

Skills:
Nature and Deception (class), Persuasion and Perception (race)

Equipment:
- bark armor (just leather armor described differently)
- quarterstaff
- sickle
- daggers (2)
- scholar's pack
- component pouch

Background:
Lorelei is a shadowy figure seemingly coming out of nowhere. She has in fact always dwelled in the wild, her whereabouts highly volatile, but she's known for visiting many communities as well as large cities at times, to sell her herbal poultices and concoctions in seasonal markets. Her past is shrouded in mystery, everyone knows her simply as Lorelei the benevolent witch whose clothes always seem to match the colors of the season. Even her patron is undisclosed, as she simply refers to it as "she" or "he".

Leif

Adventurer
Interested in playing an Elf, either a Wizard or a Druid. Having trouble deciding between Wizard and Druid. Both seem potentially ideal. Still, I'm leaning towards Druid I think. Maybe. Therefore, potentially a Wood Elf. Also maybe.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sahrax

Stats:
STR: 9
DEX: 12+2
CON: 10
INT: 17+1
WIS: 10
CHA: 7

High elf
Wizard
Divination Arcane Tradition
Lawful Neutral

Background:
Haunted One (Curse of Strahd)
Skills: Arcana and Investigation
Prof: Abyssal
Feature: Heart of Darkness - Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.

Skills:
Perception (elf), History and Religion

Equipment:
- dagger
- component pouch
- explorer's pack
- monster hunter's pack
- [roll0] (a music box that plays by itself whenever someoneholding it dances)
- spellbook
- rope of climbing

Background:
His madness and most of his injuries were cured, but the memories remain. Sahrax remembers every beating by drow, every humiliating act he performed, and every death he has caused when his demonic madness had deceived him into thinking he was a dark elf. When a group of escaped slaves found him, cured his affliction and helped him escape the deadly Underdark, Sahrax had no time to speak of his experiences, but they have haunted him every waking hour, and even invaded his elven trance.

Particularly the memories of going on a raiding trip to the surface and murdering his own wife and daughter.

Determined that he would do anything to see another such horror coming, Sahrax threw himself into the magical arts, finding his knack for divination. He leads a life of structure, sticking to the same routine every morning and every night to avoid losing his mind again. Hunting minor monsters helps battling the demons inside, and therefore Sahrax has teamed up with others who, for reasons of their own, seek to rid the world of evil.

[sblock=Inspiration]From Dragon+ issue 5 comes the sad tale of Sahrax, a reader-submitted NPC inflicted with the Abyssal madness from Out of the Abyss. Intrigued, I started wondering what road Sahrax would find him on if somehow his madness got cured and he found his way out of the Underdark and voila, here is my character submission.
Sahrax.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads