THIS Is The Pathfinder Playtest Rulebook!

Courtesy of Paizo's Jason Bulmahn on the Twitters -- "This is my 5,000th tweet and I can not think of a finer thing to show than this glorious book finally landing on my shelf. The team really outdid themselves on this. I can't wait for all of you to see it!"

Courtesy of Paizo's Jason Bulmahn on the Twitters -- "This is my 5,000th tweet and I can not think of a finer thing to show than this glorious book finally landing on my shelf. The team really outdid themselves on this. I can't wait for all of you to see it!"

DhXULTzV4AAP263.jpg

Yeah and it is often cheaper/more efficient to get them to print the test than me do it myself.

Vs WotC, this is a pick of a product you can already order and due out soon-ish. WotC's teasers are for something far in the future - totally different things. Long range teasers are a thing every industry does, Paizo does hints about upcoming APs that the astute can pick up, without naming them. No difference in teasing style at all.

Also, Talisker - good taste

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Yeah and it is often cheaper/more efficient to get them to print the test than me do it myself.

Vs WotC, this is a pick of a product you can already order and due out soon-ish. WotC's teasers are for something far in the future - totally different things. Long range teasers are a thing every industry does, Paizo does hints about upcoming APs that the astute can pick up, without naming them. No difference in teasing style at all.

How dare you bring nuance into an edition war!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Why the dick-measuring contest over which company’s marketing strategy is better? Not everything Paizo does has to be judged based on how it compares to WotC and vise versa.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
You can have the Talisker and the playtest rules if I can have the flip-map. I don't drink, but I love maps...

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
The fact that they are selling and marketing hardcover books for a playtest... basically an alpha or beta version of the finished product, is a turn off for me. P.T. Barnum would be proud. WoTC released their playtest for 5e as free PDFs. There's a huge difference here.

Maybe next time do a little bit of research and actually know what youre talking about before you post something like this? Paizo did this exact same thing with thier original Pathfinder playtest about a DECADE AGO including making them available as FREE PDF's. They've EXPRESSLY said that they're doing this because when they went around to price how much it would cost to print the playtest (individually) as opposed to doing a mass printing the mass printing would actually come out CHEAPER for thier customers.

But hey dont let a little thing like FACTS get in the way of your need to pit Wizards vs Paizo.

Actually... if you go black-and-white, a print-on-demand copy will probably be cheaper than the physical copy they're selling. And you'll probably feel more free to mark up the book with feedback...

Emerikol

Adventurer
It's options people. No one has to buy any book. They are giving the content as a free pdf. If you want it free take the pdf. If you want it printed but not pay them then print it yourself. If you want what they offer then buy it. Smh. It seems like all parties can have it as they wish.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
True. Even whiners can be happy whining for the wrong reason. Criticise the rules as much as you want, but there's nothing wrong in Paizo both offerings people a lot of different choices (one of them totally free! Shock!) and making some money with it.

Remove ads

Remove ads