D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
I was beaten to the punch on the reversed stats for the Firbolg, but I have another issue! When selecting the Firbolg as a race, the subrace selection becomes available, but the firbolg has no subraces that I know of.
firbolg3.jpg

talosilus

First Post
v2.00Beta5 Character Sheet I - Health & Armor Section

CSI-Health-n-ArmorSection1.JPG

I noticed that with a Monk the Dex and Other Bonus values do not show in the Health & Armor Section on CSI. However, it does show for characters wearing Armor or using Mage Armor, which can be selected from the Armor List on the Start page. This seems to be the case with Barbarians as well.

Not sure if this was an intended outcome in regards to that option or not, but wanted to point it out.

Conandar

Explorer
View attachment 77887

I noticed that with a Monk the Dex and Other Bonus values do not show in the Health & Armor Section on CSI. However, it does show for characters wearing Armor or using Mage Armor, which can be selected from the Armor List on the Start page. This seems to be the case with Barbarians as well.

Not sure if this was an intended outcome in regards to that option or not, but wanted to point it out.

Do you have "Select.." or "none" for armor on the Start page, because I can see this happening if "Select..." is used instead of "none". FA is not kidding when he says he wants us to select something! ;)

talosilus

First Post
Thanks Conandar, good looking out, as I did not see the option for "none" for Armor. However, I still do not see a reference to the Wis Bonus (Monk) or Con (Barbarian). So the AC displayed still looks "off" because the other value added to it is not shown.:)

Thanks Conandar, good looking out, as I did not see the option for "none" for Armor. However, I still do not see a reference to the Wis Bonus (Monk) or Con (Barbarian). So the AC displayed still looks "off" because the other value added to it is not shown.:)

Unlock the CS1 tab and add this formula to the cell under "Dex" where it says "Other":
=IF(AND(MonkLevel>=1,BarbarianLevel>=1),IF(CONMod>WISMod,TranslationOther &" & Con",TranslationOther &" & Wis"),IF(MonkLevel>=1,TranslationOther &" & Wis",IF(BarbarianLevel>=1,TranslationOther &" & Con",TranslationOther)))

In the cell next to it where the value goes, add this formula:
=ArmorTotalOtherAC+MAX(--(BarbarianLevel>=1)*CONMod,--(MonkLevel>=1)*WISMod)

You will need to set the text to "Shrink to fit" to avoid overrunning available space.

Forged,

Got all the other players in my group set up with V 2.00. As new players, the new format makes calculations and combat sequencing so much easier. Well Done! I noticed a tiny bug on CSII. The print area is set so as to cut off the last line on the page and lower box edge on the 'Traits' box. Simple to fix but wanted to let you know.

jtk

Conandar

Explorer

I believe that FAs solution is to use the Wisdom modifier (Monk) or Constitution modifier (Barbarian) as a part of the base armor class value, before adding any Dexterity modifier/shield/magic adjustments. Perhaps FA could change the tool to show the AC value for armor and shield even if no armor or shield is used? His call. I do not see him adding a space for items that are only used by one class, though.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
View attachment 77887

Had the wrong variables assigned for those cells, updated and corrected in the next build. Thanks for the feedback!

For the correct variables use

Armor =ArmorClassBase
Shield = ArmorClassShield
Dex for now use =IF(CharacterLevel="","",IF(ArmorDEXmod="",DEXMod,ArmorDEXmod)) it will become =ArmorClassDEX
Other =ArmorClassBonus

This should work as intended.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forged,

Got all the other players in my group set up with V 2.00. As new players, the new format makes calculations and combat sequencing so much easier. Well Done! I noticed a tiny bug on CSII. The print area is set so as to cut off the last line on the page and lower box edge on the 'Traits' box. Simple to fix but wanted to let you know.

jtk

Nice one, good catch this helps everyone. Corrected in the next build! Awesome to hear it has improved your groups gaming experience - this is exactly why the tool exists. cheers!

Last edited:

Remove ads