D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

mboni

Explorer
Hiya FA, found another bug yesterday:
Under the Spell Lookup section of the Spellcasting sheet, I tried to look up "Globe of Invulnerability". The text of the spell shows just "1w", though the rest of the stats are present. Most of the other spells seem correct, but I only inspected a fraction of the list.

And thanks again for all the work you do.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hiya FA, found another bug yesterday:
Under the Spell Lookup section of the Spellcasting sheet, I tried to look up "Globe of Invulnerability". The text of the spell shows just "1w", though the rest of the stats are present. Most of the other spells seem correct, but I only inspected a fraction of the list.

And thanks again for all the work you do.

Thanks for the feedback!

Must have manually typed over it accidentally, the earlier versions had "10ft rad sphere, 5th lvl or lower spell (even cast at higher level) has no effect on targets inside ᴴ +1 lvl"

Beta Build 5 also has this error, corrected in the next build

talosilus

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, those cells are now unlocked in the next build.

Assuming you have selected the Beastmaster Archetype, if the Animal Companion is a beast of CR1/4 or lower then

"Add your proficiency bonus to the beast's AC, attack rolls, and damage rolls, as well as to any saving throws and skills it is proficient in. Its hit point maximum equals its normal maximum or four times your ranger level, whichever is higher."

At 3rd level your ProfBonus is 4 so it adds that to the beast's AC, attack rolls, and damage rolls, as well as to any saving throws and skills it is proficient in. (note this calculation is currently added to the beasts own proficiency bonus). Currently if you override the beasts saving throw proficiency then it will add the beasts proficiency bonus and add your proficiency bonus to that. To be honest here, there is no clear rulings on how this works.

At 3rd level no character gets a ProfBonus of 4, it is only supposed to be 2, it goes up to 3 at 5th level.

talosilus

First Post
CSI - Attacks Section - v2.00b4

CSI-AttackSection1.JPG

Is there a way to be able to mark a weapon as magic or magical. I noticed when i typed in magic bludgeoning that there was not enough space.

Just giving Beta 5 a look, and I noticed that in the Background dropdown on the Start page, "Haunted One" is the only entry not in alphabetical order, being after "Hermit".

adranis

Explorer
Hi, first of all thanks for this great character sheet, especially v2.00 which I find way better.

I've noticed a few things that bothers me and help in fiddling with enhancements.
- Their should be a way to write an override on the ability score, it simpler that figuring out the amount of bonus to add to reach a certain score. Example: gauntlets of ogre power grant Strength score of 19. You put 19 on the Start sheet.
- When an ability score is enhanced, the should a way on Character Sheet 1, to still see the original score. Example: with the gauntlets of ogre power, Strength score shows 19, but a small space on the sheet shows the original score of say 14, letting us know that the Strength is enhanced through some means.
- Last thing, they're should be a field to adjust enhancement to spell attack bonus on the spellcasting sheet, same as the spell save DC, but separately since not all magic items affects both.

Thank you, if you need more elaboration, i'll be happy to oblige.

Conandar

Explorer
Hi, first of all thanks for this great character sheet, especially v2.00 which I find way better.

I've noticed a few things that bothers me and help in fiddling with enhancements.
- Their should be a way to write an override on the ability score, it simpler that figuring out the amount of bonus to add to reach a certain score. Example: gauntlets of ogre power grant Strength score of 19. You put 19 on the Start sheet.
- When an ability score is enhanced, the should a way on Character Sheet 1, to still see the original score. Example: with the gauntlets of ogre power, Strength score shows 19, but a small space on the sheet shows the original score of say 14, letting us know that the Strength is enhanced through some means.
- Last thing, they're should be a field to adjust enhancement to spell attack bonus on the spellcasting sheet, same as the spell save DC, but separately since not all magic items affects both.

There is exactly what you are asking for...in version 1.64 of the program. For some reason (probably an available space issue, I am guessing), that was removed in the redesign. Also, the program does not directly support any magic items beyond adding them to the weapons and armor on the Start page and the inventory on the CS2 sheet. Any stat adjustments and the like have to be implemented manually. Maybe that will change in a future version, but if so I am betting it won't happen in the near future.

v1.64 example:
temp2.jpg

As for the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, since I have a pair of them on one of my characters, I simply used the Magic Modifier area in Box 1 of the Start page. Since that characters starting strengh is 13, I added a +5 in the Magic Modifier for Strength to force the score to 19. I don't think this is quite as elegant as the old override score, but it works.

v2.00b4 example:
temp1.jpg

flwad

Explorer

Soapbox time again:

There SHOULD be whatever FA puts in the sheet. Ask for anything you think will help the sheet work better, but phrasing it as SHOULD is just disrespectful of all the effort that FA has put in. IMO, FA is more responsive to requests than any other poster on this site, and I am constantly amazed at the level of commitment FA has shown. A short Thank You does not excuse a disrespectful follow-up. I have been trying to complete a FAQ and Instructions for Use, but even in this effort I find myself wanting. Please continue to request and suggest any changes you feel will improve the sheet, but THIS IS FA's SHEET. Please be respectful of the great service FA has done us all by sharing it.

Putting soapbox away.

As always, thank you FA for your monumental effort.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
At 3rd level no character gets a ProfBonus of 4, it is only supposed to be 2, it goes up to 3 at 5th level.

You're correct with the profbonus. I had the XP entered in for 10th level and only 3 levels of classes hence the error, must have been a long day. The character profbonus is functioning as intended. The point is the tool adds the characters profbonus and the animal companions profbonus if a save or skill is overridden to be proficient for ranger beast masters.

Remove ads