D&D 4E D&D 4E Character Sheet for iPad - Sneak Xmas Preview!

It's more a curiosity thing. I don't own an iPad, but I figured someone could just use a camera to record somebody else fiddling with the character sheet.

I know, it's like why should you make a video since I'm not a potential customer -- at least not yet. But I think a video that people could link to and send to their friends would be a nice way to generate buzz, and get more people thinking about how to use tablets as gaming products.

Any plans for versions of this that work on non-iPad tablets?

EvilBeeker

Explorer
It's more a curiosity thing. I don't own an iPad, but I figured someone could just use a camera to record somebody else fiddling with the character sheet.

Any plans for versions of this that work on non-iPad tablets?

Ah Ranger ... you need to read my first post more clearly. ;)

The great thing about our iCS brand is that we are building for iOS (iPad), native MAC (Snow Leopard), and Windows at the same time. Right now we're working through the native MAC build issues for that app store, and when a decent Windows app store for tablets peeks its evil head we'll be jumping on that bandwagon too. I've also been informed by one of our testers that the Windows version runs in WINE on Linux just fine. :cool:

It is painfully clear to us that not everyone can afford an iPad/tablet, and this way we broaden our market to serve a maximum number of gamers who have laptops or just want the application for their home computers.

This is why I asked if there was a suggestion for video-capture software, as I'll just fire up our current Windows version and record using that platform. The only difference would be I would use a mouse instead of my fingertips. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

B-)

Quickleaf

Legend
Nice work Kevin, it's intuitive and good-looking!

So I just made a 9:00 minute iPhone video of me critiquing the app but it turns out I can't attach files from my iPhone when replying toposts. Bugger.

Here's my my list of critiques for now:

1. There are no more daily item power limits

2. Side-scrolling would be a big plus in addition to the button navigation

3. Why not allow the user to move around or delete or change the size of different parts of the sheet like the old CB? For example, the at-will/encounter/daily breakdown doesn't fit some of the essentials classes

4. When entering numbers your new entry should automatically replace the placeholder 0, and the first letter in a word should be Capitalized. Yes it's nitpicky I know ;)

5. Healing surges as check boxes? That's how I always end up modding my print sheets anyhow

6. Some kind of red flag on the main page nav button when you have a condition, that way the player won't forget when they're planning their turn on the powers page or something

7. there is a company called Cordax that puts out a free app to access the DDi in an iPhone native way (and you don't need to repeatedly log in). I was thinking what if you could enter hyperlinks to the DDi? Like you need to look up the Endurance rules and you click a link on your sheet and it takes you there. Anyhow that would be the ideal.

And exporting to PDF is a must to share PCs with your DM by email

That's it from me. :)

Ferghis

First Post
Here's my my list of critiques for now:

1. There are no more daily item power limits
In theory, but major designers (Mearls in the rule of 3, IIRC) have said that it's best to keep using those limits until the common/uncommon/rare categorization is worked out a bit more. Right now it's poorly implemented. So the daily limit should remain an option.

5. Healing surges as check boxes? That's how I always end up modding my print sheets anyhow
I like the idea, but it's possible to gain extra surges (above your initial number), so a number might be better.

Remove ads