A Spooky Open Call

Department stores are already putting out their Halloween merchandise, and EN5ider is getting in the spirit too! EN World EN5ider is looking for three 2,000 word articles and one 7,000 word adventure to run in the month of October, and we want your submissions now! The only new rule for this open call is that your Halloween submissions must be fit the ghoulish spirit of the holiday. We're looking for character subclasses (like a vampire-hunter fighter), collections of monsters (like evil, animated Jack-o-Lanterns), magic items, and everything in-between. The same applies to adventure submissions; how can you encapsulate the essence of Halloween in a 7,000 word fantasy adventure?

Department stores are already putting out their Halloween merchandise, and EN5ider is getting in the spirit too! EN World EN5ider is looking for three 2,000 word articles and one 7,000 word adventure to run in the month of October, and we want your submissions now! The only new rule for this open call is that your Halloween submissions must be fit the ghoulish spirit of the holiday. We're looking for character subclasses (like a vampire-hunter fighter), collections of monsters (like evil, animated Jack-o-Lanterns), magic items, and everything in-between. The same applies to adventure submissions; how can you encapsulate the essence of Halloween in a 7,000 word fantasy adventure?

All other EN5ider submission guidelines apply. The open call will remain open until September 31st, but priority will be given to submissions received before September 10th. Please direct all proposals to editor James Haeck at joeyhaeck@gmail.com.

button_en5ider.png

Remathilis

Legend
notice_me_senpai__by_derpyluv123-d75gbgk.png

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
To all submitting, rest easy until mid-September. Two articles will be commissioned then, and two others later to let everyone submit by September 30th. (This editor sheepishly realizes there are not, in fact, 31 days in September.)

Zansy

Explorer
This is all very exciting! The anticipation for any news on the matter is nerve-wracking. Honest question: Do others hear from the editor if they don't make the cut?
Nevertheless, Cheers to ENworld for EN5ider and their new record of submissions!

DLIMedia

David Flor, Darklight Interactive
I've been meaning to do something to follow up Seyvoth... Gonna give this some thought and send a proposal soon! :)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Proposal sent. I finally got an inspiration last night. Not sure how I will pull it off with 5E's "no penalties" rules. It would have been a lot easier using flaws etc, but will see how I go. In any case, I will be writing up my idea for our site/games.

I wish I could write a whole adventure. I have written a few encounters for 'spooky' games, but not a whole adventure and I don't feel I would get one done in time. (And I would prefer to have trialled first anyway.)

kuraban

Explorer
Adventure proposal sent. Already have a few other ideas kicking around, but not fully fleshed-out just yet. We'll see if I can make anything of them.

Sigma77

First Post
I'm excited to see the ideas that get commissioned. I know I suggested a handful of proposals myself, and I'm sure others did the same. This is a pretty fun event for us writers.

Remove ads

Remove ads