Figurines of Wondrous Power!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It is interesting that they had both this and the bag of tricks as examples.

Though I think the way comanding the creature worked was slightly different in each?

Oh, and from the pick, I am guessing that we will be seeing barding in AV as well.

thundershot

Adventurer
It is interesting that they had both this and the bag of tricks as examples.

Though I think the way comanding the creature worked was slightly different in each?

Oh, and from the pick, I am guessing that we will be seeing barding in AV as well.

I wonder where you got that idea.... ;)

And it seems that commanding a creature is a minor action of your own, either way.

renau1g

First Post
It doesn't look bad, interesting concept, and if they make them able to participate in combat without 1 hit deaths it'll be better.

Pseudopsyche

First Post
I'm pretty sure it's like the bag of tricks and that it's one minor action for all three of the creature's actions.
The bag of tricks seems to me to require one minor action for each of the creature's actions.
Previews for August and Beyond said:
Every action it takes costs you a minor action (which you use to issue commands), and a conjured creature cannot exceed its normal allotment of actions (a standard, a move, and a minor action) during its turn. If you spend no minor actions on your turn to command the creature, it remains where it is without taking any actions on its turn.
The Adventurer's Vault except uses the same language.
Adventurer's Vault Excerpt said:
Every action it takes costs you a minor action (which you use to issue commands)...
Note that both suggest that you might spend minor actions (plural) on your turn to command the creature.

thundershot

Adventurer
The bag of tricks seems to me to require one minor action for each of the creature's actions.The Adventurer's Vault except uses the same language.Note that both suggest that you might spend minor actions (plural) on your turn to command the creature.

Hmmm.. I seemed to have missed that detail. I was taking it as "you spend a minor action, and the creature gets its' three actions". If that's the case, what's the point of using the creature if your own personal attacks are more likely to be better?

Chris

Timeboxer

Explorer
Hmmm.. I seemed to have missed that detail. I was taking it as "you spend a minor action, and the creature gets its' three actions". If that's the case, what's the point of using the creature if your own personal attacks are more likely to be better?

Because every action you might ordinarily not be using ("I don't feel like moving, I have no minor action abilities I want to spend") can be given to the creature.

Remove ads