NC Game Day VII - April 23!

Old One

First Post
Rel,

Can you give me a quick description of the Indomitable? Are we talking SPACE: 1889 armor-sided sailing ships...low-slung monitor types...or flying dreadnaughts? Crew? Armaments?

Thanks in advance!

~ OO

Old One

First Post
Another PC shows up!

Nakia,

Maxian of Tyrial PC stats are attached. Pay particular attention to the "Frightful Presence" Feat. It is usable 1/round as a free action and causes those within 10' of you with fewer hit dice to make a Will save or become shaken (-2 penalty to attack rolls, saves and skill checks) for 1d6 + CHA bonus rounds. Since he also has the Renown feat...this is a DC 22 Will save. Great for breaking enemy battle lines ;)!

All listed skills are core skills with ranks (any other skills will be untrained). All entries should reflect appropriate base bonuses and synergies. Double-check to make sure I didn't miss anything and let me know if you have questions. Background/equipment will follow.

~ OO

Attachments

• Maxian of Tyrial.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 92

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Old One said:
Rel,

Can you give me a quick description of the Indomitable? Are we talking SPACE: 1889 armor-sided sailing ships...low-slung monitor types...or flying dreadnaughts? Crew? Armaments?

Thanks in advance!

~ OO

I'll give you a few more details in the lead-in to the adventure once I've gotten it written up. The Indomitable is basically a steam powered Gunship of the Dauntless class. Some 70-80 feet long, armored but not heavily. She would typically carry a crew of around 20.

All of her guns are deck mounted rather than inside the hull. This exposes the gun crews to enemy fire but provides maximum visibility and angle of fire for the weapons. For a small ship like this it is deemed necessary for her to bring as many guns as possible to bear at one time.

A typical weapon loadout would be a 4" Long Gun mounted on both bow and behind the pilothouse, 3lb Hotchkiss Rotating Canons as the "waist guns" and some anti-personell weapons (typically Nordenfelt's though the Royal Navy is considering moving to the Maxim Gun) on swivel mounts port and starboard near the tail. As for the specific weapons the ship is armed with for this adventure, all will be revealed in the fullness of time...;)

Old One

First Post
Medic!

Riggs,

Vercinius of Osirian's stats are posted below. All core skills are noted (no ranks in anything else). All basic synergies and stat bonuses should be included...just double-check to make sure. Since I am not using the BCCS Background traits for any other PCs, I converted the Physician Background Trait into an Advanced Talent (Dedicated) in the Healing tree...probably not quite balanced, but what the heck ;).

If the Heal check looks a bit wonky...there are synergy bonuses coming from 4 or 5 different places, so Big V can definitely patch some people up!

Let me know if you have any questions!

~ OO

Attachments

• Vercinius of Osirian.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 102

Riggs

First Post
About Verc

Hi OO, I wanted to ask about the Heal skill Vercinius has. You list his skill bonus/total but I saw that the Physician feat and somewhere else uses the ranks the person has as a metric. Can I get the # of ranks in Heal Verc has? No hurry of course.

That's all the questions I have for now, but then I am one chapter away from Magic in the BCCS and haven't stolen Rel's D20 book yet either. ;)

And Happy Easter all...

Old One

First Post
Riggs said:
Hi OO, I wanted to ask about the Heal skill Vercinius has. You list his skill bonus/total but I saw that the Physician feat and somewhere else uses the ranks the person has as a metric. Can I get the # of ranks in Heal Verc has? No hurry of course.

That's all the questions I have for now, but then I am one chapter away from Magic in the BCCS and haven't stolen Rel's D20 book yet either. ;)

And Happy Easter all...

Riggs,

He is maxed out with 12 ranks (level + 3 for a core skill), just enough to qualify for the physician feat.

Happy Easter on ya (as OO eats some Easter M & Ms).

~ OO

Old One

First Post
Riggs,

Glad to be of service!

Nakia,

Scroll up to see Maxian...

Other Demon Scorpion players...I am working on the backgrounder, equipment, etc and should have that completed shortly. A couple of notes, caveats, etc to get you in the mood:
  • Death/Dying/Etc - We will be using the Grim Tales mechanics for this (with a few adjustments), but will be using the BCCS Healing/Healing Talents. This includes Massive Damage Threshhold, a slightly enhanced range before death for those with higher CON scores, etc. This also means limited insta-heals...aside from Vercinius's medic ability and some magic items. Most healing consists of converting lethal damage to non-lethal damage, which then recovers at the standard non-lethal damage rate of 1 point/character level/hour. In GT, you are disabled at 0 hp and remain disabled until you exceed - Current CON modifier (so a PC with a 16 CON can act as disabled from 0 to -3 hps, unless another condition, such as blowing an MDT, prevails).
  • Armor as damage conversion. We will be using this variant. Armor converts damage equal to its AC bonus from lethal to non-lethal for physical attacks. Note that most magic, such as energy effects, is not subject to damage conversion. I will be providing your PC with an armor type I feel is most appropriate. Feel free to petition for an armor change if you feel it is warranted.
  • Defense bonus. The trade-off on armor conversion is the affect on class-based defensive bonus. You class-based defensive bonus is limited to the maximum DEX bonus for the armor you are wearing. One of the armor augmentations for BCCS equipment reduces this penalty and I will add it in where I feel it makes sense.
  • Caster Fetishes. I will probably provide the 2 casters with fetishes totaling +X in Magic Use bonuses, but allow you flexibility on how you want to break the fetishes up. For example, if I provide you with +12 fetish bonuses, you can put it all on one +12 fetish for one spell talent or break it up among 3 or 4 talents. Bonuses will need to be in increments of 2. There may also be a couple of enhanced material components that will allow +X bonus to certain spells with limited usage.
More to follow soon!

~ OO

Remove ads