• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day VII - April 23!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Does any of this look familiar? ;) :

It's that time of year again and I figured it was time to start pimping the next Game Day. I think we've just about got the routine down now but let me know if there are questions.

As we've done with the last couple events, all registration will take place at the Official NC Game Day Website.

The following was originally posted by Morgenes and this is how you sign up to run a game...

To schedule a game, the following must happen in order:

1) You must register on this site, and request to be a GM. If you were a GM on a previous Game Day, you should still be a GM on future Game Days, so go to step 3.

2) An admin (Rel or Morgenes) approves you as a GM.

3) You submit your event (My Events -> Submit), filling out the required fields and submitting it.

4) An admin reviews and accepts the event, and assigns it to a table.

5) At this point pre-registration will be available for the event.

Note: The Game Type is important, as it determines how pre-registrations are handled. If you choose 'Reserved Game', noone can pre-register for the event. Most other event types are ok, in general 'Walk-in Game' should be chosen unless another one clearly applies.

There are two main slots for role-playing games this game day. Either morning or afternoon. Morning runs from 9-2pm. There will be an hour lunch break till 3pm, then the afternoon session runs from 3pm - 8pm.

So when you submit your event, choose a start time of either 9am or 3pm, depending on what slot you want to run in.

The additional notes field is so you can tell the administrators about any special needs you might have, like a certain size or shape of table, or power needs.

If you have previously registered at the NC Game Day site then you don't have to do that part. If you've previously run a game at NC Game Day then you don't need to register as a GM. All you have to do at that point is submit your game and have it approved and slotted.

Two additional notes regarding Game Day VII:

1) We don't have the Walnut Room this time around. That means that our total amount of space is going to be rather limited (we'll still have the Blue, Brown and Green Rooms on the 4th floor plus Room 3118). If we have an attendance similar to last time then we won't be too crowded. But if there is a lot of interest then there exists the potential to have our available RPG space fill up. That means it might be wise to submit your game sooner than later (meaning in the next 2-3 weeks rather than the final week or two before the Game Day). We don't want to turn away any GM's but it will be first-come, first-served.

2) Feel free to check out this thread where my twisted mind dreams of celebrity GM's. Narfellus has kindly provided images of same. ;)

Also, the pics are up from NCGDVI. Feel free to check those out too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
For the record, I think I'm gonna plan to run another Sky Galleons game this time (probably in the afternoon again). It was either that or Koboldz! and I was thinking of running whichever one I DON'T run at Game Day at GenCon. I figure that the large, cool props that I'll want to use for Sky Galleons will travel better from Apex to Raleigh than from Apex to Indy.

If I run Koboldz! at GenCon then expect to see it at NCGDVIII.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Hmmm. I don't think Cthulhu's Librarian was planning on coming to this one, but maybe I could talk my wife into coming down, and she could spend the day in town, while I game. Are there any good activities for small children in town?

Jon Potter

First Post
At last...

I discover a Game Day thread on the same day it's started rather than some time in the second week or so.

And of course, I'll be there.

die_kluge, what's the age(s) of the child(ren) in questi(on)... errr... question? I may have an idea or two for the pre-school set, but I'm less helpful when it comes to the older tikes.

Belen

Adventurer
Very cool. No idea what I will run. I guess that this one will not be the two day blowout. I will have to think about it. I am on vacation this week celebrating our first anniversary, so posting shall be spotty.

Dave

Old One

First Post
Black Eyes of the Demon Scorpion...

TEASER:

(Grim Tales/Black Company Hybrid 3E) An elite legion of the Emorian Empire strikes deep into the Demon's Anvil, seeking to blunt the next Sythian Invasion. A veteran team of the Imperial Inspection Bureau accompanies the legionnaires on a secret mission - find and destroy the power rumored to fuel the Sythian Fire Witches - the jewels known as the Demon Scorpion's Eyes.

Pre-Gen PCs of 7th-9th level will be supplied. PCs will be built using the Grim Tales ruleset. The magic system will be pulled from the new Black Company setting.

DM'd by "Old One" from ENWorld...get ready for a wild ride!

Pending approval, of course :D!

~ OO

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Old One said:
Pending approval, of course :D!

~ OO

I approved it just moments ago. Understanding that I've got a rather big advantage over others since I'm an Admin at the Game Day site, I counted to ten before I signed up for the game to give others a fair shot at getting a slot. I'm happy to report that I still managed to get into your game and there are several slots still left for the quick or lucky. ;)

Also I've posted my Sky Galleons game.

die_kluge said:
Hmmm. I don't think Cthulhu's Librarian was planning on coming to this one, but maybe I could talk my wife into coming down, and she could spend the day in town, while I game. Are there any good activities for small children in town?

I'm going to try to come down, but no guarantees yet. If I do, my wife might come down to visit with friends in Chapel Hill, so I'll probably be staying there instead of in Raleigh. I'll let you know.

If I do make it down, I'm calling dibs on 2 of the following games: Rel's, Old One's, or Henry's (if he can make it this time). Got to get in on these things early. :)

Old One, are you planning on having a "Pond of Death" in this game? :eek:

Last edited:

Remove ads