NC Game Day VII - April 23!

Mark Causey

Explorer
Rel said:
Um...NO!

Am I as good looking as I think I am?

Actually, if memory serves, you're an evil, green, Cyclopean, extraplanar unique familiar.

I think you've got like 15 HD though.

When I get home tonight, I'll scan in your image and stat block. That way you'll know what and who you really are.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
adamantineangel said:
Actually, if memory serves, you're an evil, green, Cyclopean, extraplanar unique familiar.

Sounds about right.

"Does all this evil make me look fat?"

*bats his eyelash*

der_kluge

Adventurer
Rel said:
Where exactly would you be working. Like can you give a street address? "Raleigh" is a big place and folks sometimes just say "Raleigh" when they mean the whole RTP (that's Research Triangle Park) area.

According to my last conversation with this recruiter (he hasn't responded back to my email just yet), this was on the opposite side of Raleigh from RTP. He said this was a good thing as it would be going against the flow of traffic. In other words, whereas most people would be going one direction, I'd be going the other. The job was at the post office, so while I'd work for Northrup-Grumman (the big contractor), it would be at a large post office facility.

Based on what you've reported, I think you'll find the housing market here much more reasonable than Richmond but it also depends somewhat on where you want to live and how long you are willing to commute.

I live outside the city limits on a 1 acre lot in a 1,700 s.f. house built in 1978. Most of the houses in our neighborhood are of a similar vintage and size and range from about $140K-230K. Assuming reasonable traffic I could get anywhere in the RTP area in 30-45 minutes.

That does seem more reasonable. Well, at least compared to here. We had a 2,000 sq.ft. house a Kansas City suburb with an unfinished basement (total of 2,700 once finished) that we sold for 186k. And it was 2 years old; all wood floors on the first level, tile in the bathrooms, jacuzzi tub, etc.

At the moment, I don't have any jobs scheduled on the Friday before Game Day. If you want to drive down earlier in the day I'll be happy to show you around town and let you get a feel for the area.

I might consider that. If this conversation with the recruiting ends up being something that I find to be promising, I was thinking that I could drive down earlier and meet with him late on Friday. I may take you up on your offer. We'll see where this goes.

I know one thing. There sure seem to be a lot of gamers in that area! :)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
die_kluge said:
I know one thing. There sure seem to be a lot of gamers in that area! :)

If'n you act fast, you might be able to move down here in time to catch a ride back with me to Gen Con by way of Virginia. ;)

der_kluge

Adventurer
Rel said:
If'n you act fast, you might be able to move down here in time to catch a ride back with me to Gen Con by way of Virginia. ;)

Yes, perhaps. I wouldn't expect to be down there before say, May at the earliest. And that's if he offers me some whiz-bang job at a great salary that I just can't refuse. I'm in a lease ATM, and I'd have to figure out what ways there are around that. At least it's only 3 hours away, and not 20. :)

Riggs

First Post
adamantineangel said:

I think you've got like 15 HD though.

When I get home tonight, I'll scan in your image and stat block. That way you'll know what and who you really are.

Dude! They've SEEN you?!?!? ;)

Well I have to admit, Rel is not green. Not unless he's in the Keys drinking... :p
He has two eyes also, but the evil RBDM extraplanar unique part is spot on! And to us, he's familiar. As to 15HD, we have no idea, we don't hit our very own RBDM...Our characters have a tough enough time as it is--he sends them to Hell when we DON'T hit him!! :uhoh:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Riggs said:
Our characters have a tough enough time as it is--he sends them to Hell when we DON'T hit him!! :uhoh:

Aw, c'mon. In the current campaign the worst I've done is send you to the bad part of town. Plus, I've promised Changeling whores for the next session!

I'm practically a saint and you know it!

Gerzel

First Post
This is off topic but I'd like to announce:

I'm trying to get a PBEM started and am looking for Players/GMs for

PARANOIA XP
Daycycles of Our Complex

ComplexDays@yahoogroups.com
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ComplexDays/

Welcome, dear citizen!
This is an email list for loyal citizens of our good AlphaComplex to participate in a play-by-email version of the FUN and Perfect Role-Playing-Game Paranoia XP published by the Famous Game Designers over at Mongoose Press.
All email messages should have the proper clearance marked in their subject lines:
[IR] Infrared - Off Topic Discussion
[R] Red - In Character Posts
[O] Orange - CBay, the IR Market and IC Messages
[Y] Yellow - Player's Discussion
[G] Green - Setting Discussion
Blue - Mission Offerings and Recruitment
Indigo - Player Character Sheets
[V] Violet - Rules Discussion
[UV] UltraViolet - Game Masters' Discussion

Old One

First Post
Yo! Tiberious!

Tiberious,

Your PC stats for Myrwyn of Eastenmarch are attached. Gear and backgrounder to follow shortly. Let me know if you have any questions and I hope the Mother-in-Law's was fun ;)!

~ OO

Attachments

• Myrwyn of Eastenmarch.doc
    21 KB · Views: 117

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Rel said:
Aw, c'mon. In the current campaign the worst I've done is send you to the bad part of town. Plus, I've promised Changeling whores for the next session!

I'm practically a saint and you know it!

*laffs*

Are you making them twitch now? I think our group might twitch if they heard "changeling whores".... :lol:

Remove ads