Waterdeep/Undermountain PbP [Full]

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Chosen, I have a question. My character will be from The North, and one of the possible regional equipment is a choice between a MW battleaxe, MW, heavy mace, or a MW longsword. However, one of the domains my character has chosen is the Metal domain, which includes proficiency and Weapon Focus in my choice of hammer. Is there anyway that instead of a MW heavy mace I could choose for my regional equipment a MW warhammer? If not, that's cool, I just wanted to ask. :)

A MW Warhammer is cool with me as an alternate. :cool:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Okiday, here's the first cut of my character.

Luth Stonar
Male Human Cleric 1 of Grumbar

Alignment: True Neutral
Patron Deity: Grumbar
Region: The North
Height: 7' 2''
Weight: 264lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Gray

Str: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Con: 12 (+1) [5 points]
Int: 11 (+0) [3 points]
Wis: 15 (+2) [8 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [0 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Extra feat at first level, 4 extra skill points at first level, 1 additional skill point at each level thereafter. Divine spells, turn undead, Cavern (grants stonecunning abilitiy) and Metal (grants proficiency and Weapon Focus with choice of hammer) domains (PGtF). Stonecunning - +2 on Search checks to notice unusual stonework. Can make a Search check if he comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework, and can use Search to find stonework traps like a rogue does. He can intuit his depth underground. Jotunbrud feat (RaoF) allows to be treated as Large if advantageous (during bull rush, grapple, creature attempting to swallow). Earth Heritage feat (PlHb) gives Luth a +4 bonus to avoid being tripled or bull rushed while standing on the ground. He also gains a +1 on weapon damage rolls if both him and his opponent touch the ground.

Hit Dice: 1d8+1
HP:9
AC: 14 (+0 Dex, +4 armor) [touch 10, flat-footed 14]
ACP: -4
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 30ft (20 ft. with armor)

Saves:
Fortitude +3 [+2 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +0 [+0 base, +0 Dex]
Will +4 [+2 base, +2 Wis]

BAB: +0
Melee Atk: +4 (1d8+3/x3/B, MW warhammer wielded two-handed)
Ranged Atk: +0 (1d4+3/x2/50 ft./B, sling)

Skills:
Concentration +4 [3 ranks, +1 Con]
Craft (blacksmithing) +5 [2 ranks, +1 Int, +2 MW tools]
Knowledge (history) +4 [3 ranks, +1 Int]
Knowledge (religion) +5 [4 ranks, +1 Int]]

Feats:
Jotunbrud (1st level, regional, RaoF)
Earth Heritage (PlHb) (1st level human bonus)
Martial Weapon Proficiency (warhammer) (Metal domain bonus)
Weapon Focus (warhammer) (Metal domain bonus)

Languages: Common, Illuskan, Giant

Spells Prepared – Cavern and Metal domains
Save DC +2
0th - create water, detect magic, read magic.
1st – divine favor, sanctuary. (D) – magic weapon.

Equipment
MW warhammer – regional equipment (5 lbs)
Sling and 30 sling bullets – 3sp (15 lbs)
Scale mail – 50gp (30 lbs)
Iron holy symbol of Grumbar - 5gp (1 lb)
Belt pouch - 1gp (1/2 lb)
Traveler’s outfit - free
Backpack - 2gp (2 lbs)
~Bedroll - 5sp (5 lbs)
~MW Blacksmithing tools – 55gp (5 lbs)
~Waterskin – 1gp (4 lbs)
~50 ft. hempen rope – 1gp (10 lbs)
~Tenday’s worth of trail rations – 5gp (10 lbs)
~Cold weather outfit – 8gp (7 lbs)
~5 sacks – 5sp (2 ½ lbs)
~Hooded lantern – 7gp (2 lbs)
~10 flasks of oil – 1gp (10 lbs)

Total weight carried: 105 lbs, medium load.

Money
42gp, 7sp

Appearance: Luth is a very tall and broad man, heavily muscled, with a shock of pale blonde hair and a pair of intense steely-gray eyes. He claims that far back in his bloodline he has stone giant ancestry, and few dare to dispute the claim of a man that stands head and shoulders above most others. He wears well-worn scale mail, and carries at his side a large warhammer engraved with the symbol of Grumbar. The same symbol wrought in iron is hung around his neck.

Personality: Luth is an honorable and stoic man, given to doing things in the proven fashion, reluctant to accept anything new or radical. He is rather given to setting things back to rights than to create something new, more likely to sue for peace rather than war, and able and willing to back up his beliefs with a large hammer. He has little experience with diverse peoples, but tends to judge people on merit and their actions rather than rumor. He would rather see something with his own two eyes before believing it.

Background: Luth grew up along the Savage Frontier in the North. A wild and cold land, barely touched by the hand of man, Luth learned early the necessary skills of survival. Like his father, it was clear he was touched by the blood of stone giants, as was evidenced by his enormous size and stability upon the ground. He joined in the tasks of his town, logging, hunting, trapping, but found his own niche in the fires of the forge.

A local priest of Grumbar tested the lad and found him of the proper mindset and temperament to join the priesthood. The priest, Nolath, took him to the great Stonehold of Grumbar near his village and showed him the strength, stability, and power of his god. Luth felt it resonating deep inside him; he felt as if he had been waiting to join them his entire life, but he didn’t know where to go. Nolath ordained him into the order and taught him the mysteries of the Earthlord.

Recently Luth was sent on a mission to the fluid and changeable Waterdeep in order to see the terrible consequences of change. The experience so far hasn’t been pleasant…

RaoF = Races of Faerun, PGtF = Player's Guide to Faerun, PlHb = Planar Handbook, my one option.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
While I don't have my RaoF here with me at the moment, I would like to try my hand at a gold elf Sorc who has a strong fascination with the alchemical arts.

I would be extremely greatful if someone could put the gold elf stats here if they could.

He would be the "gadget" guy for the party for lack of a better phrase, and his spells would be more defensive and utility based.

Thanee

First Post
Gold Elf or Sun Elf is +2 Int and -2 Con instead of the +2 Dex and -2 Con, but otherwise identical to the PHB Elf.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
After breaking out my books and trying to map the char in my mind, some different spins came to me.

1)Gold Elf: Sorc/alch- the original concept and fun to play as long as I have down time to make all the alch stuff.

2)Gold Elf: Wiz/Priest of Labelas Enorath/Mystic Theurge- For some reason playing a priest of a god of time when you are among the longest lived races on the planet seems like fun. Afterall, you would have alot of time on your hands to do whatever you wanted to do...

3)Earth Genasi Fighter also a follower of Grumbar who has came with Luth to Waterdeep.

I know #3 has nothing to do with the Sun Elf idea, but it was one that entered in my head all the same.

Any thoughts on which chars might work best in the group if I got one accepted in the final six?

Lefferts

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Gorstag Buckman
[B]Class:[/B] Warmage
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Neutral
[B]Deity:[/B] Azuth

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 7 (1d6+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +0     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +1    +1    +0    +0    +0    16
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +1          +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +1          +1
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0          +2

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Sickle                     +0     1d6          20x2
MW Light crossbow          +2     1d8       19-20x2   (+3, 1d8+1 within 30')

[B]Languages:[/B] Chondathan, Illuskan, Elven

[B]Abilities:[/B] Armored Mage(Light), Warmage Edge

[B]Spells/Day:[/B] 5/4 [B]DC:[/B]: 13+spell level

[B]Feats:[/B] Eschew Materials, Point Blank Shot

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 20       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration              4    +1          +5
Knowledge(Arcana)          4    +2          +6
Knowledge(Waterdeep)       2    +2          +4
Spellcraft                 4    +2          +6
Diplomacy                  2    +3          +5

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Light Wooden Shield 3gp 5lb
Masterwork light crossbow 335gp 4lb
20 bolts 2gp 2lb
sickle 6gp 2lb
chain shirt 100gp 25lb
backpack 2gp 2lb
waterskin 1gp 4lb
4 days rations 2gp 4lb
2 sunrods 4 gp 2lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]50lb      [B]Money:[/B] 25gp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                33    66   100   200   500

[B]Age:[/B] 19
[B]Height:[/B] 5'8"
[B]Weight:[/B] 137lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Grayish blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Blond
[B]Skin:[/B] Fair
Appearance: Gorstag looks much like any other Waterdeep City Guardsman, so many are caught offguard when he casts spells. He inherited his father's gray-blue eyes and blond hair, while his slight body structure came from his mother.

Background: Gorstag Buckman grew up in Waterdeep, the son of Darvin and Morya Buckman. Gorstag's parents were members of the Harpers, but left that group when the Moonstars split off. Darvin and Marya are high-level troubleshooters for the Moonstars and are currently overdue (6 months) to return from a mission.

Darvin's contacts got Gorstag into the prestigious College of Waterdeep Warmages. After graduation, Gorstag accepted a commision into the City Guard. Gorstag's commander, Lieutenant Malark has allowed him to go on detached duty in order to learn more about his parents' disappearance. Gorstag is hoping to gain become more powerful in order to be more able to track down his parents and possibly attract the attention of people who can help.

Last edited:

Remove ads