Waterdeep/Undermountain PbP [Full]

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Mardin Nalik
[B]Class:[/B] Fighter 1
[B]Race:[/B] Gold Dwarf
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Good
[b]Region:[/b] The Rift
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 15 +2 (08p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 10 +0 (04p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 15 (1d12+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3 (06p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +3     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 13 +1 (05p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +0        [B]Spell Save:[/B] -
[B]Cha:[/B] 13 +1 (05p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -6         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] --%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +2    +0    +0    +0    +0    16
[B]Touch:[/B] 10              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 16

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      2    +3          +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +0          +0
[B]Will:[/B]                      0    +1          +1

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Warhammer                 +4     1d8+2      x3
Dwarven Waraxe            +4     1d10+2     x3
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarven

[B]Abilities:[/B] Gold Dwarf Abilities (listed below)

[B]Feats:[/B] Axe Focus, Weapon Focus (Warhammer)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 8        [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise                   0    +0    +2    +6
Craft (armorsmithing)      4    +0    +2    +6
Craft (weaponsmithing)     4    +0    +2    +6
XXXX                       X    +X          +X

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Warhammer                12gp    5lb
Dwarven Waraxe           30gp    8lb
Heavy Wooden Shield       7gp   10lb
Scalemail                50gp   30lb
Backpack                  2gp    2lb
-Bedroll                  1sp    5lb
-Rations (2)              1gp    2lb
-Waterskin                1gp    4lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]66lb      [B]Money:[/B] 75gp 18sp 10cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                66   133   200   200  1000

[B]Age:[/B] 50
[B]Height:[/B] 4'2"
[B]Weight:[/B] 150lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Tanned
Appearance: Mardin tries to be ready for anything, but obviously does not know what to bring in order to do that. He carries a warhammer at one hip and a dwarven waraxe at the other, with his shield covering his backpack on his back. When he left his home, he had some fine equipment made by his own hands, but had to sell it for money. He now carries only basic equipment, saving up to rebuy his old equipment.

Background: Mardin grew up as a lot of Dwarves from the South did -- in the Rift, surrounded by a number of Dwarven experts, in a city where the Dwarven heritage pierces the soul. He hadn't even seen a non-Dwarf until he was 20, on his first trip to Hammer and Anvil.

His clan is a line of craftsmen and smiths -- a strong and talented family. They are not widely known, but are locally respected in Underhome. Members of his clan generally fall into one of two categories: those that study the arcane arts and those that study smithing, and Mardin was not smart enough to be successful with the arcane arts.

Mardin trained and eventually became a pretty good smith, but the memories of Hammer and Anvil persisted in his mind... What else had he not seen in the world? What other tools and techniques could he learn to use? How much of the world is there? He could have looked at books for rough answers to these questions, but his thirst for adventure had been discovered, and he has no patience for books anyway. Still a young Dwarf, Mardin left Underhome in search of adventure.

[smallcaps]Mardin's Arrival in Waterdeep[/smallcaps][sblock]Well, he left Underhome in search of adventure and wants to see stuff that's really different. He'd be drawn to the North because that'd be naturally the most different place from the South. He wasn't walking when he left home, he'd have taken a caravan or something around Faerun. He wouldn't walk through Faerun fighting stuff in the wild -- he'd die. He probably bounced from city to city and, eventually, made his way to the Waterdeep area. Maybe he heard of a job there and came there specifically, but he probably could afford the trip -- he just can't afford much else.[/sblock]

Notes:
[smallcaps]Gold Dwarf Abilities[/smallcaps]:[sblock]+2 Constitution, –2 Dexterity.

Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).

Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.

Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.

Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.

Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.

+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.

+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against aberrations: Gold dwarves are trained in special combat techniques against the many bizarre creatures that live in the Underdark.

+4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.

+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.

+2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.

Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven, Home Region. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Shaaran, Terran, and Untheric.

Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass dwarf ’s fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing[/sblock][smallcaps]Progression:[/smallcaps][sblock]1 Axe Focus
1 Weapon Focus (Warhammer)
2 Combat Expertise
3 Endurance
4 Power Attack
6 Cleave
6 Sense Weakness
8 (start Battlesmith?)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Verbatim said:
After seeing so that thus far the party is pretty melee short handed, I will work on a fighter char. I will not have internet access in the class I am in tomorrow but will work on him via paper and translate him once I get back.

However, if you get a finished char in before me, I have no problem with being an alt.

*suddenly feels foolish for waiting until the last second to get char put in*

If you get your character in soon, I'll go with 7 instead of 6. Afterall it is the Undermountain....muhahhaa:lol:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Chosen of Valkur said:
Jdvn1, I like your character, but how is going to get from the Great Rift to Waterdeep?
Good question!

:D

Oh, I should answer that.

Well, I hadn't considered it because I didn't know where the Undermountain was, so I'll come up with something right now. Well, he left Underhome in search of adventure and wants to see stuff that's really different. He'd be drawn to the North because that'd be naturally the most different place from the South. He wasn't walking when he left home, he'd have taken a caravan or something around Faerun. He wouldn't walk through Faerun fighting stuff in the wild -- he'd die. He probably bounced from city to city and, eventually, made his way to the Waterdeep area. Maybe he heard of a job there and came there specifically, but he probably could afford the trip -- he just can't afford much else.

Verbatim

Explorer
I will get him posted ASAP...I am going with a 1/2 orc Paladin of Hoar. If it is okay with you, I would like to use the racial substitution swap and take righteous fury vice Smite evil.

*gets cracking to get char ready*

Remove ads