The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Looking about, you see that the inside of the inn has been battered about. The bandits victims are tied up but apparently not much the worse for wear in one corner of the room. They do still seem terrified. The possessions stolen from them by the bandits are in a bag near the inn's front door.

The bandits possessions (excluding the theft in progress) include two crossbows, bolts, the melee weapon each wielded, leather armor for each, and the horses outside. They have a grand total of 4 gold in assorted coins.

IcyCool said:
OOC: Sorry about that Patlin. If I lag in combat, you can pretty much assume that Gorefoot attacks the nearest enemy.

ooc: No worries, you weren't lagging. I just had a sense the battle was about over so I pushed it a little... ;)

I'm going to give a partial xp award at this point in the adventure, as soon as I have time to do the math. It is my intention *not* to include the time played portion as yet, as I noticed a proposal that would effect it... seems like time played can wait till the final xp award anyway.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars sheathes his sickle on his back. Keeping his shortsword drawn, he turns Morraine around roughly with his free hand so that she is facing away from him. In a low voice, he says, "Hold s-still for an, er, moment." as he puts his sword point to her back. He searches her for any hidden weapons and removes them. He points to a chair near Gorefoot saying "Sit over there and, ah, hands up." and gives her a shove to move her on her way. That done, his face relaxes and twists in pain at the bolt protruding from his side, the adrenaline from the fight seeping from his body. He moves slowly, taking care not to stretch his side, over to the captives and begins removing their bonds. A brief look of distaste appears as he notices Rodimus's rummaging, but he says nothing.

Patlin

Explorer
Partial XP Award (pending Judge Aproval)

XP Calculator

Party=3 2nd levels, 2 3rd levels
Battle at the inn=5 3rd level rogues (900 xp each)
Lopsided battle=2 1st level rogues, 1 2nd level rogue (240 xp each)

Total: 1,140 xp

If Knight Otu would kindly confirm this award, you may all update your character sheets and submit them to Nimisgod if your level has changed.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy's face lightens into a broad smile as she sees the battle's successful conclusion. Wanting inside, she contemplates the windows with their broken glass. "Ah, could someone unbar this door for us?"

Once inside, Percy will rush to the prisoners and untie them. "Oh, you poor dears. Is everyone OK? Tell us what happened. My name is Percy. This is Rodimus, Gorefoot, he's really very nice, Nars, and Ismael. We're here to help."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus hrmps as he finds out that there was nothing worth taking among the possessions of the bandits. He thought about just looting some items from the items that had been stolen from the captives, but decides that his travelling companions might be against it, which would prove troublesome.
When Percy pipes up about the door, the half-orc goes to get it open. Then he looks around for anything to drink, and sits down to savour it.

IcyCool

First Post
When Percy mentions him, Gorefoot gives the ex-captives a nod. He gets up, sheathes his blade, and takes up a position near Persephone.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Once inside, Percy will rush to the prisoners and untie them. "Oh, you poor dears. Is everyone OK? Tell us what happened. My name is Percy. This is Rodimus, Gorefoot, he's really very nice, Nars, and Ismael. We're here to help."

While the prisoners seem very nervous as you aproach, they begin to calm down as they are untied. They thank you for the rescue, and appear anxious to show their grattitude.

"I'm not a rich man and can hardly reward you properly, but I'd be happy to offer you the hospitality of my Inn free of charge. Could I get you something to eat or drink, or offer you rooms for the night?"

Another man, apparently a customer of the Inn as it was being robbed, offers to notify the local authorities, so that the Brigands might be taken into custody.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Oh. We'd be happy to stay the night here, I think." She tosses her strawberry hair as though this sort of thing happens to her every day. "And yes. Please get the authorities. We must be moving along soon."

"Meanwhile, let me just check something here." Percy then steps towards the bodies of the fallen brigands, puts her fingers to her temples and concentrates. "Hmmm" she murmers.

OOC: Cast detect magic on the possessions of the bandits.

Remove ads