• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Retrievers - Chapter 2

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I edited my previous post since no one else has posted yet. Hope that is okay. I misunderstood and thought all the rats were down.

tyrlaan

Explorer
Koraero Firironna - Sun Elf Rogue 2

Kor dives forward and rolls past the side of the rat engaging Durnn. He doesn't get enough distance to put himself in a flanking position, but he's close. Somehow Kor managed to draw his rapier before coming out of his tumble, it's perfect edge glinting from a ray of sunlight that breaks through the canopy of trees. Instantly sure of his footing, Kor lunges at the rat with his blade.

OOC:
1) Tumbling to 1312.
2) Drawing weapon during the move action.

Tumble check result: 15 - Just made it!
Attack roll result: 19
Critical confirm: 12
Damage: 6 (assuming a 12 doesn't confirm)

Harvey

First Post
Durnn, Earth Genasi Fighter 1

Round #2:

"Agrh!" Durnn shouts as the dire rat sinks his teeth into him. Heeding Mindal's warning, Durnn calls out "Sten, I think I need some disinfecting!" as he swings his greataxe at the rat that bit him.

OOC: Durnn attacks Dire Rat #3 (standard action).
Attack 1d20+6 = 21
Damage 1d12+7 = 18.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Wilphe said:
OOC: Didn't Kor state his intention to shoot at the Wererat in post 289?

(Damn my bad, I will have to change some things tomorow morning. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.)

tyrlaan

Explorer
Elocin said:
(Damn my bad, I will have to change some things tomorow morning. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.)

OOC: If its easier for you to just assume I shot a dire rat instead, I'm cool with that.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Chapter 2 - Moonwood Forrest - End of Combat

With pracitced skill that amazes you all, you see Kor dive forward over Durnn's head rolling as he lands while whipping out his rapier and skewer the Dire rat through its head. You can see the point of his rapier easily sticking out the other side as blood fountains skyward. Kor slowly extracts the point of his rapier and then flicks the blade clean of gore.

Durnn is slightly spattered by the bloof from the Dire Rat in front of him and sees th eonly enemy left is the Dire Rat that has been put to sleep. He calmy walks over and raises his Great Axe high and easily lops the head off the remaining Dire Rat.

Everyone else is ready to set out after Mindal, who is chasing down the fleeing Wererat but form the forest they see Mindal returning and dragging the body of the wererat behind him. It seems that there are two sticking out of it. One of them stuck in its arm but the one that is sticking out the back of it skull was the killing blow. Looking at the arrow you can see the familiar markings of kor's arrows and everyone is impressed with his marksmenship.

With searching the Wererat he is wearing Leather Armor and has 20 bolts for the crossbow you recovered from where he dropped it. Also in his backpack you find a money pouch containing 220 GP and an arcans scroll. On closer inspeaction from Brenden the scroll seems to carry three copies of the spell Bulls Strength.

Durnn your bite is not all the vicious but you still feel a little queasy.

Forgot to add that you all get 200 XP each from this fight and everything that you have done up to this point.

Last edited:

Remove ads