Slaad-a-palooza!

zeo_evil

First Post
Hey! What about me? I did some here too, you know.

Antimagic, Beige (sort of), Doll, Gargoyle, Holy, Mechanical, and Three-Headed Zombie. I also did non-psionic versions of the Jade, Onyx, and Quartz slaad (much respect to their original author). They turned out to be good alternates to the Blue, Green, and Red that were good against players who have fought everything. I have more that I have not posted (the plant slaadi is my favorite). I guess I should now.

And I have been running a slaadi specific campain since Feb 2004. Revolves around an invasion storyline with demiurge's yugoloths of sin (my suggestion, BTW) as the main villians against the eladrins. They are fighting over a second spawning stone the yugoloths want to create slaadi. From here it gets really complicated. :]

Speaking from experience, they hate it that everything they fight has fast healing and resistance to everything. Be prepared for some crying.

Justice Gundam

First Post
Justice Gundam, reporting in for duty!

Heh, heh... sorry, ZeoEvil, I did not mean to belittle your work, but I haven't had time to give a good look to your slaadi! :D .When time is available, I'll review them and give my opinions about them!

zeo_evil

First Post
Het, no harm, no foul. Truth be told, I couldn't have done it without the insperation of demiurge. My campaign is better for it.

More tips. The party WILL find a way to get axiomatic weapons. Get ready for that. Axiomatic Storm (from Planar Handbook) will be your worst enemy. It will ruin your day!

Aesmael

Explorer
Eat Slaad with a fork? Brilliant!
Heh, sorry. Just wanted to express my appreciation for the slaad posted in this thread say thankyou to everyone who has posted them. I may not get to use all of them, but I will definately be using at least some. Especially since my setting is focused more on Law vs. Chaos than Good vs. Evil.

Zweihänder

First Post
less serious...

Bubblegum Slaad
Large Outsider (Chaos, Extraplanar)

Hit Dice: 28d8+102 (204 hp)
Initiative: -2
Speed: 30ft (6 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 natural, +4 Bubblegum Armor), touch 11, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/-2
Attack: Claw +15 melee (2d6+7+disease), or Bubblegum Blast +10 ranged (4d4+engulf), Bite +15 melee (3d6+7+disease)
Full Attack: 4 claws +15 melee (2d6+7+disease) and Bite +15 melee (3d6+7+disease)
Space/Reach: 10ft/10ft
Special Attacks: Improved grab, engulf, disease, spell-like abilities, summon slaad
Special Qualities: Bubblegum Armor, Darkvision 60ft, DR 10/acid, resistance to cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +4, Will +8
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 9, Wis 3, Cha 32
Skills: Climb +6, Escape Artist -2, Hide +2, Jump +4, Listen +13, Move Silently +14, Spot +13, Tumble +258
Feats: Cleave, Multiattack, Multigrab, Power Attack
Environment: The Bleak Eternity of Gehenna (might have screwed up that name... ^^;...)
Organization: Solitary, gang (2-5), Warband (7-386, plus 5 Ghuru)
Challenge Rating: 9
Treasure: Triple Standard
Alignment: Chaotic delicious
Advancement: N/A

This giant creature initially looks like a giant pile of bubblegum. Soon, however, it becomes obvious that there is a large, vicious, pink killing machine beneath the pile of... well, bubblegum.

In every species there are a few black sheep; among the slaadi, these black sheep are pink. They are slaad of every sort who have become obsessed with their favorite candy (bubblegum), to the point of having their DNA be corrupted by it.

Standing about 7 feet tall on their own, 9 feet counting the dried bubblegum that has formed a sort of protective shell around its body. Beneath this shell, its body is practically invisible, emerging only to rend flesh and chew bubblegum. They understand Common and Slaad, but their mouth is usually too full of bubblegum to speak.

Combat
Bubblegum Slaadi tend to fight only weaker foes, and will seek out stronger ones only if the acquisition of bubblegum is at stake.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a Bubblegum Slaad must hit a Large or smaller opponent with a claw attack. It can then attempt to grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Engulf (Ex): While grappling an opponent of Large or smaller size, a Bubblegum Slaad can draw the opponent inside its shell, where it begins to suffocate (see appropriate book for suffocation damage). This effect also occurs when a successful hit is made with the Bubblegum Blast attack, and the target fails a DC 15 Reflex save.

Disease (Su): A Bubblegum Slaad that hits with a claw or bite attack passes on the disease Bubblegum Blood. Simply put, it turns the victim's blood into bubblegum (this is both primary and secondary damage). A victim who fails either Fortitude save (DC 19) immediately dies.

Spell-like Abilities: At will- passwall, charm person, charm animal; 3/day- invisibility, burning hands. Caster level 14th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Slaad (Sp): Once per day, a Bubblegum Slaad can attempt to summon 1-2 red or blue slaad with a 10% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 5th level spell.

Bubblegum Armor (Ex): The bubblegum surrounding a Bubblegum Slaad gives it a +4 luck bonus to Armor Class and Fortitude Saving Throw, and a +250 padding bonus to Tumble Checks made to decrease/negate falling damage.

Feats: The Multigrab feat allows the Bubblegum Slaad to grapple using only a claw for a –10 penalty.

teehee... ^_^

Remove ads