Slaad-a-palooza!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Excellent material. I know I'll be perusing the Half-Slaad, it is prretty cool. The way my adventures have been going and the incorporation of the Book of Exalted Deeds to my campaign recently, it is definetely going to make one cool redeemed villain.

zeo_evil

First Post
Well I believe I can add a great deal to the this as my players have fought all of the slaadi including my own up the indigo slaad. Indigo should be CR 14 not 13. It would have taken down several characters in one round if I let it rend (but I played it as a cocky creature that doesn't rend unless seriouly threatened). I would love to help you with your article if you need it. Would acutally love to submit some of mine with you, but that would be up to you. By the way, I need the yellow slaad to have change shape so I wanted to ask you what I could take away from it to add change shape and lower the CR to 14. Any thoughts? Considering the Demon Stone game is about slaadi, I think you would have a good shot. Hurry up and seize the opportunity!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
zeo_evil... I'll keep that CR adjustment in mind. It makes sense. Also, you can give the yellow slaad change shape and take away other abilities if you think it needs it in your game, and I'll review the CR as well, but what it does in your game is up to you; I like it the way it is. However, the article will contain my own material only; I don't need a co-author.

Demiurge out.

zeo_evil

First Post
Wow. You sound kind of mad. Sorry. Just thought you might want some playtest thoughts on your slaadi. The thing about the yellow is that one is an important villian in my game and I want him to trick the party into lowering their guard long enough to get the better of them.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I was a bit angry about you trying to piggy-back your way into my article. But I do appreciate the CR feedback. Also, with regards to the yellow slaad's abilities, feel free to change them yourself. It's like any other DM homebrew- you can change things around for your game. I can't stop that. But I like the yellow slaad as it stands, and I don't need to go out of my way to change it for one person's game.

Demiurge out.

zeo_evil

First Post
That was never my intention, but I can see what you are saying. Hindsight is always 20/20. I was thinking the same thing, but now that you are doing it then I will wait out of respect. You inspired the madness that is my current campaig anyway so thumbs up to you. About the yellow, I was just asking for suggestions from another Dungeon Master. You don't have to change anything (and, indeed, don not). Think "Baron Fat Ass from Dune disguised as a cleric of Thoth hell-bent on opening a portal to Limbo so slaadi can devour Mulhorand that shapechanges into a big slaadi dripping with puss" and you have an idea what I have going on here. I figured you might appreciate that. I don't think change shaper ever really adds to a creature's combat ability, unless it has sneak attack or death attack, but combined with the stench ability I thought it might add something after all.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
If you want the yellow slaad to change shape, just reflect in his treasure that he has a hat of disguise. Not exactly the same, but close enough (the PCs won't know, will they?). But, if you must remove an ability and trade it out for change shape, the rapid incubation touch might work, or you could replace a spell-like with alter self.

Demiurge out.

Justice Gundam

First Post
Justice Gundam, reporting in for duty!

Hello! I'm a new partecipant to the forum, and this was one of the first threads I ever visited. To demiurge1138, I have to say, thank you for your great job and for giving us all slaadi fans some more version to toy around with and pit against our PCs... You see, I have plans to write an high-level planar adventure, and I wanted it to be quite sladdi-packed (I was thinking to write it around a conspiracy of tanar'ri and evil slaadi... led by a death slaad with blackguard levels!), so this thread was just what I needed to make my creation as surprising and exciting as possible... (insert shameless plug here... :p )

So, yeah, great job. I thought you did an especially good job on the Violet, Yellow and Life Slaad. The Silver Slaad is cool too, and giving it a warp touch attack really fits with the chaotic, destructive nature of our favourite frog-things... All in all, then, your creations are great. Kudos!

Remove ads