The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
"The information available to me about the world outside my woods is very limited, I'm afraid. Should any of my people come upon such information, I will be sure to let you know. Should you bring me a suitable item, the reward I give you will be of such magnificence that men will speak of it in your grandchildren's grandchildrens days. For now, though, you have my thanks for your service, and I release you from any further obligations."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"I see. You can find us at the Red Dragon Inn if you have need of our services in the future. If we're not there, you can leave word. I'll go ahead & drink this now, if you don't mind."

Percy drinks the Terranis juice, and has a look in the pouch she was given, in case she has any questions before taking her leave.

Patlin

Explorer
Upon drinking the Terranis Juice, Persephone feels a tinging sensation all over her body. She is cleansed of the Faerie taint. The faerie food looks as delicious as ever, but it might be wise not to eat any more of it.

"Go in peace, then adventurers. Return to me if your travels reveal to you anything which may further aid me in obtaining liberty."

The fey lord vanishes after speaking those final words.

Patlin

Explorer
*** Here concludes the adventure ***

Thank you for playing in it, everyone!

On further examination, the purse given to you in exchange for the Redcap's tooth is found to contain 1,000 gp.

For the final roleplaying encounter, each character is rewarded 100 xp.

I believe (will check presently) that 1/2 a month has gone by since my last time based xp reward, so that would be 25 xp x level (if you recieved enough xp to level you up after the last reward, use the higher level.)

Manzanita

First Post
Percy feels the tingling down to her toes. She takes a deep breath and feels the faerie taint washed away, leaving her more in tune with being human, and energized like never before. "Hey, It's my 18th birthday today!"

Once out of the woods, they return to Trimble's hut to collect Nars and Rodimus, filling them in on what happened. "Let's head back to the inn, guys. I think this is the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship."

SlagMortar

First Post
Once back in Orussus, Nars stops in at Gontor's shop to relate the news of the redcap's demise, and that unfortunately the necklace was destroyed in the process. Nars asks Gontor if he would like to go out to dinner to discuss the old clanhome and when Gontor says yes, he says to the party, "I'll, er, see you back at the, ah, Red Dragon."

OOC: Thanks for another great adventure Patlin!
How are we dividing the loot? Nars would like to not sell Felhunter so as to keep it from falling into the wrong hands, though he could be convinced that the buyer was honest and would keep it out of the wrong hands. He does not want to see it used on the friendly, though strange, fey that they met. That makes the wealth distribution skewed, and we also have Ishmael's and Gorefoot's magic weapons which skewed it last time. Just a suggestion, but Rodimus and Percy could split the 1000gp and the rest could keep their magic weapons. Or Percy could convince Nars to sell Felhunter and they could split it up more evenly.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: No matter how we divide it, Rodimus is going to feel quite ascetic compared to a "standard" 4th level character. I think he's lost quite a bit of cash on healing potions as we haven't had a devoted healer for in-combat healing.
Boy am I glad that he's a monk instead of some other class that is darn dependant on getting equipment (say a fighter for DR/Magic).

But he's the highest-level monk in all of ENworld! And even the highest-level characters are just one level higher than him, so he can kick some serious butt! *can't wait to have Rodimus on an adventure meant for 1st- or 2nd-level characters* :D

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with Percy and Rodimus splitting the reward for the Redcap's tooth. Great adventure Patlin! Thanks a bunch for a great time!

Gorefoot will be slow getting back to the inn, as I have another character currently there. You can assume that he'll hit the smithy to look at shiny new implements of death before coming back to the inn. ;)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
I didn't credit Percy with any gold from The Burning Tower. She got three scroll spells, though. There was some other cash distributed in this adventure, some sort of advance from the jewler. I'll go through and try to identify that, although it might take me awhile. There was also the ray of enfeeblement that we bought, some horses and gear gained and (partially) lost. Percy definitely wants Nars to retain his fellhunter blade. She now has a healthy distrust of the fey, and appreciates her friend's weapon.

I'm on the road this week and lack access to my notes. I probably won't level up Percy until this weekend. Then I'll send her to the inn. I'll send her back earlier if I notice anyone recruiting! It would be nice to keep the group together. Percy will be advocating that. IcyCool, I think your other PC should hit the can for a spell, while Gorefoot enters the inn with his buddies. Once Gorefoot leaves, your other PC can reemerge. That would be Percy's preference, anyway.

Thanks, Patlin. Look forward to another adventure with you soon!

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Great adventure as usual, Patlin.

OOG2: I don't really mind, however, the treasure is split. I would, however, like to get enough gp for another CLW wand (a communal wand, not mine), if we are to continue travelling together. Healing you guys is beginning to cost me.

If you guys want me to sell the glaive to even up the cash distribution, that's good, too. I want to magic up my hammer. Or maybe even my shield. And get a bag of holding... and ring of sustenance. Lots o' stuff I want.

Remove ads