Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Siobhan will attempt to stabilise both fallen shifters if she can. If either or both is beyond her ability to save them, she will offer a small prayer to Balinor on behalf of her brothers, and gently sprinkle dirt to ceremonially 'bury' their corpses, even if they can't receive a proper burial. Other than that, she is ready to continue.*

GwydapLlew

First Post
"Now that it's established that we've got people lookin' for us," Mordin drawled as he wiped the goblin-made cleaver on his shirt. "How about we all work together next time and kill them a little quicker?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Siobhan manages to stabilize the two shifters. She gets help(?) putting their unconscious forms up onto the stairs out of the way of the sludge and sewage. With that taken care of the group looks eager to continue. According to the map there should be an entrance just off to the right after you get past the Valves.

With Stulgar on point you are quick to find a circular metal hatch set into the tunnel wall and engraved with arcane runes. This must be the sealed door that Elaydren told you about. In the middle of the hatch, a glowing circle of mithral depicts the same icon as on Bonal's journal - the ancient symbol of House Cannith that predates the founding of the Kingdom of Galifar itself, a stylized anvil and hammer.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon looks at the door blankly. "I do not think steel will break the portal." The warforged examines it closely, admiring the craftsmanship. "It has kept up well. Perhaps the humans of House Cannith made me well, as well." The brief hope is soon gone for his voice, and the warforged slumps again. "But that just means I have an eternity of being well preserved while everything else decays. *sigh*"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Is that the same symbol as our book? Mayhap we should try reading the book again and seeing if anything new has appeared within? If not that, it could be that we have to use the book to open this door."

Velmont

First Post
"If a human mind have hide something, a dwarven mind can find it. Now, no garantee I am that mind." Kharas tells with a smiles. He starts to do a meticulous search of the door, to find any mechanism possible. Once he is sure there is no trap, if his search have done no result, he will start to guess some things, like maybe the sigil have some moving part (push, pull or turn it) or maybe the trigger is somewhere near... or maybe it even not locked and you only need to push teh door :p

[SBLOCK]Taking 20. +6 Modifier and stonecunning might give another +2[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ummm, shouldn't we try reading it in the book first? If there's a trap here, they would probably hide it so we couldn't find it but not so the person who's supposed to come here would get killed, right?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Was it not mentioned that this was a magical seal? Perhaps there is more to opening this than simply lockpicking." Stulgar says.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes brother, I think it was. If it was that easy to open, it would have been opened by now. After all, that goblin knew how to get here, and he would have looted the treasures, and the evil warforged was here before us, so if he could just get in, he would have done so instead of attacking us, I'll bet. I think we need the book."

Remove ads