The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
moritheil said:
Bloodweaver - In this campaign, there are specific thematic and storyline reasons why a straight mind flayer would not be a good choice.

What if he's gay though? Does that work?

Shayuri

First Post
Ixlitichal: The Effeminate Asexual Mind Flayer: *tapping fingers against chest* "Oh my spawns and TADpoles, that is a FABULOUS shade of mauve on you, Uphatilon! And I would KILL for that complexion. Of course, I DO kill, but...hello? Mind flayer here, hon! *laughs...then trails off and plants fists on hips* Oh, you guys are no FUN anymore!"

moritheil

First Post
Combat is pretty much done (mages will recognize the spells as teleport spells.) Questioning, lamenting, planning revenge, etc. can now begin.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Ixlitichal: The Effeminate Asexual Mind Flayer: *tapping fingers against chest* "Oh my spawns and TADpoles, that is a FABULOUS shade of mauve on you, Uphatilon! And I would KILL for that complexion. Of course, I DO kill, but...hello? Mind flayer here, hon! *laughs...then trails off and plants fists on hips* Oh, you guys are no FUN anymore!"

As fun as that would be, I don't think I could manage speaking like that for an entire campaign.

Shayuri

First Post
Alrighty! I went a little crazy and started looking twice at the Beguiler... Gosh it's keen.

My concern is Gabriel. Bard and Beguiler have a little overlap in the spell department, and skill department. Now, given that the rest of the party isn't really...subtle...this may not be a bad thing. Having two competent social agents could be nice.

But I don't wanna do it if Gabriel feels his toes being stepped on. Not to mention that the warlock is probably better in combat, overall. So...I could use some advice. Beguiler? Warlock? Either would be credible in social situations and in combat, with the Beguiler being somewhat better in socials, and the warlock being somewhat better in combat.

Also, I was wondering if the character I make will include the exp? Normally I wouldn't ask, but the warlock at least has some crafting skills that make exp over the ECL14 mark useful. :)

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri said:
Also, I was wondering if the character I make will include the exp? Normally I wouldn't ask, but the warlock at least has some crafting skills that make exp over the ECL14 mark useful. :)

Or you could use the evil route; Take leadship and have your artificer cohort make your items and take the xp loss :]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Shayuri - I don't necessarily think we'll be competing. Gabriel is a smooth manipulator, and if you wanted to be more of a fast-talking con man or some other kinda of social role, then we wouldn't be walking all over each other.

On the other hand, a warlock can fill a lot of roles, depending on their choice of invocations. By choosing Beguiling Influence, they can be social, by chosing things to enhance their eldritch blast you can have them be supreme damage-dealers, or what have you.

Remove ads