• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Question

First Post
The only vermin i know of is the monstrous scorpion that is now dead. Also is Loriel confirmed dead? Because all i saw was that she fell to the ground.

What happens if you die? Make a new PC?

Shayuri

First Post
It looks like one of the kobolds. Only how it killed Lor gives it away so far.

And yeh...I'm choosing to make a new character. I think there was also a way to have an undead version of your old one, but that doesn't appeal to me. :)

Question

First Post
What about a parallel universe counterpart? Heh.

I just realised something, if the mages can see the invisible kobolds then how can they miss with targetted dispel magic?

moritheil

First Post
Question said:
What about a parallel universe counterpart? Heh.

I just realised something, if the mages can see the invisible kobolds then how can they miss with targetted dispel magic?

Not all the mages could see invisible prior to this round. Arxas couldn't see, and thus cast an area dispel. The 20' radius was not enough to catch the invisible kobolds, who had traveled 30' from where they were. Note that each time I previously specified who could see invisible, only Vedak and Kelteror were mentioned. (This will change now that Arxas is putting True Seeing up.)

Regarding Loriel, she is quite dead, though most of your characters have yet to realize that.

Also, Shayuri does not have to make a new character; she can continue as her old self if she wishes to become undead or else be resurrected (story elements are in place to allow this to happen; explanations after the fight.) The same is true for just about anyone who expires; in the maug's case, a wish would have to be obtained to put it back together. I just thought she wanted to be someone else.

Isida - [sblock]HD counts as well as levels, as per the Dark Speech rules text. Also, by Vedak's description, you suspect the invisible creature might be a very rare, legendary aberration termed a "Walking Worm." Such aberrations have strange powers over vermin. They are also lethal in melee to fleshy enemies, but not to creatures not composed of flesh.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...question. The resurrection option would entail the usual loss of level/HD I presume? Or is th is a true resurrection we're talking about?

moritheil

First Post
For balance reasons, I'm not going to toss about free true resurrections at this level without significant sidequesting involved - and it seems that that would be dreadfully boring for the player who remained dead in the meantime.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr, fair enough. And yeah, 9th level spells with 25k materials is a lot at ECL14.

It does figure into the equation though. Losing a level creates a sort of downward spiral, where the more you die, the easier it is to die again. It makes replacement characters more attractive, especially at this point where we really haven't "connected" to the initial characters.

None of that's necessarily a bad thing though. :)

Anyway! I shall try to have a sheet posted within a day or two. Thanks for yer patience.

moritheil

First Post
After reflection, I'm going to go ahead and finalize the round to move things along.

Shayuri - I try to set precedent with my decisions. Thanks for your understanding.

Bloodweaver - In this campaign, there are specific thematic and storyline reasons why a straight mind flayer would not be a good choice.

Ring - [sblock]The invisible creature was a very rare, legendary aberration termed a "Walking Worm." Such aberrations have strange powers over vermin. They are also lethal in melee to fleshy enemies, but not to creatures not composed of flesh. They have been compared to liches in terms of how hard it is to kill them.[/sblock]

Remove ads