• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...a bit of a shock, admittedly. Maybe for the best...though I had high hopes for Loriel in sneaky situations where she could use her primary weapons more effectively.

Sniffle.

I should ask this, and without any hard feelings or anything, but do you see this as being more of a combat-oriented game or an RP/intrigue sort of game? I can have fun either way, but if these sorts of encounters will be common it will influence my character selection. :)

As for rolling, I'm fine with you rolling. I don't believe anyone responsible enough to run a game would intentionally muck up die rolls. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Aye, I was thinking less combat, which is why Gabriel is being less effective than I would hope. He was too far back to aid anyone with his bardic magic, and then I just looked up most of his spells and realize they're area of effect. With his initative being low that means that he can't get his disabling spells off. So unless I'm particularly clever in combat situations, I have to have Gabriel hang back. That's the drawbacks of being a de-buffer instead of a buffer.

moritheil

First Post
I envision this as being primarily intrigue. I thought we'd have an introductory combat, especially since the melee line was chomping at the bit, but perhaps I overdid it. :uhoh:

In any case, combat will not occur for no reason - it will pretty much always be significant, though for the most part its frequency will be handled by other factors (plot events, results of diplomacy, etc.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ah good, that will be a happy thing. Well... at least for me. I know several members of our party are primarily combat monsters and not particularly suited for intrigue. That's why I think the carnival idea would be ideal. Perhaps we could stage some (nonlethal) combats between party members for betting purposes? Or have a "Can you last three rounds in the ring?" type of deal. That might be nice to: A - Give our less diplomatic corps something more fun for them to do. And B - Allow us to size up the local competition in a manner that (hopefully) won't give away our intentions.

Shayuri

First Post
Blizzargh. Loriel would have been cool...

Perhaps a Beguiler? Gah, I can't remember if PHB2 stuff is okay. I'll have to go back and read the original posts.

Voadam

Legend
"They're only kobolds." :)

I prefer for the DM to do the rolling. Particularly on saves it keeps things moving quicker I feel and I'm fine with working off descriptions instead of numbers.

Dichotomy

Explorer
My preference is also for the DM to do the rolling. I personally despise using Invisible Castle, as I feel it is cumbersome. As noted above, I don't fear that our DM would fudge rolls (at least not without really good reason).

Question

First Post
Is no one going to try and dispel the invisibility? The only ones who can see the spellcasters at this point appear to be.......the mages......

Remove ads