Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

moritheil

First Post
Gradually, the kobold's bravado evaporates, replaced by a growing fear. He repeatedly insists that he knows nothing of the mages - they are housed separately and guarded, and he does not have access to them. He appears to be confused by Gabriel's designation of his "vermin friend," and it becomes apparent that he has always assumed any such happenings were the result of great and terrible magic.

Meanwhile, Roillard hands Rose a thin vial of pink liquid. "I am not sure if it would be best to take this before or after," he says. "It doesn't cure poison; it only helps you regain your strength. If you think you are going to die, take it now."

Arxas's investigation of the kobold remains reveals that those halberds that survived are of surprisingly good quality. Two unlabeled potions were outside of the blast radius, and are unscathed.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Wordlessly, Rose holds onto the potion and waits for the next assault of the poison in his veins. Assuming he is conscious after that occurs, he quickly drains it.

Ringmereth

First Post
Arxas sheathes his dagger and leaves the interrogation to the more apt Gabriel. I could show him fear beyond those from any words ever to pass his lips, but talk--of that kind--is cheap. Hefting one of the halberds, the mage hands the polearm to the nearest of his bony lackeys and commands the others to arm themselves. While the undead follow his command, he examines the two potions and casts a cantrip to help discern their purpose.

OOC: How many skeletons did he raise, and how many halberds are available?

Arxas will cast detect magic and focus on the potions.

moritheil

First Post
Rose manages to survive the debilitating poison, and downs the draught. A rush of warmth floods his body, and he finds his condition improved, though he is still weak. Roillard attends the tiefling just long enough to ensure that he is not going to die, then excuses himself to go perform an inspection.

Arxas has managed to secure three small halberds and raise seven small skeletons. After detecting magic, he happens to notice that the halberds are magical. The two potions radiate conjuration magic.

OOC:
Rose: 3 con damage + 5 con damage - 4 con damage = 4 con damage
(Well, it could have been a lot worse. At least the lesser restoration was a 4. :uhoh: )

moritheil

First Post
The clattering of claws on stone presages the arrival of a dozen ghouls with a slender humanoid form in their midst. Black clothing covers the new arrival from head to toe, leaving only the face, which is veiled. Various bulges suggest pockets to the discerning observer.

"I seem to have missed the party," the figure says in impeccable Abyssal. "May I take it that I am speaking to the proper masters of the Lair of Shadows?"

Question

First Post
As the maug surveys the scence of the battle, he surmises "Teleportation magics, we must set up dimensional anchors to prevent such an escape in the future. With the saftey of the gate in question, we may need to secure it from the kobolds before scouting the city."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
moritheil said:
Gradually, the kobold's bravado evaporates, replaced by a growing fear. He repeatedly insists that he knows nothing of the mages - they are housed separately and guarded, and he does not have access to them. He appears to be confused by Gabriel's designation of his "vermin friend," and it becomes apparent that he has always assumed any such happenings were the result of great and terrible magic.
Gabriel sighs exasperatedly, "The magician that's made of worms. When did he come to your band? Tell me all you know of him," he clarifies.

To the others he says in Abyssal, "There's one amongst the kobolds that's still alive and under my control. If you come across him, don't dispatch him, he might be vaguely useful."

NapoleonicSoup

First Post
That was an ...eventful... battle. Is the succubus indeed dead? Or was that just a ploy to get the kobold to talk? The salamander sat back on his tail and stroked his spear.
((In Abyssal btw))

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Vedak pauses to look at the salamander and then at the bloody mess upon the ground. "Oh, she's quite dead," he informs the salamander. "Hmmm," he thinks out loud. "A Ghoulish succubus would have been interesting had it been possible and there's enough of her remaining to create a full body."

Remove ads