City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

corcio

First Post
"That was a tip for you Joe." Manon states with a wink. But shrugging picks it back up reluctantly and offers it out to Joe one more time just out of courtesy. Then with a sudden gasp Manon realizes the sign and a little moisture forms in his eyes as he realizes the beauty of the statement.

ooc - he kinda makes the face like in my avatar pic.

Last edited:

corcio

First Post
Still offering up the coins in hand manon glances at Joe and states " So Joe, what's the latest rumor in the wind. Heard any interesting tales here lately?"

El Jefe

First Post
corcio said:
" So Joe, what's the latest rumor in the wind. Heard any interesting tales here lately?"
Joe snorted. "Heard about that tournament Rinaldo's running. You could always go check it out." The barkeep turned to direct a porter delivering a keg of ale.

Ximix

First Post
A newcomer opens the door to the Inn, walking in quietly and taking in the various customers, Joe and finally the sign.
He is an Elf, fair skinned, grey of hair and eye, standing less than 5' as is common to his race. He is also slender and wears studded leather, a small and well used shield, and has a longsword at his hip and a shortbow and quiver on either shoulder. Perhaps the strongest impression (as well as the most colorful) the man makes is with a holy symbol of a bright blue sword on black metal disc hanging around his neck.
Smiling to Joe, then glancing about the room, "Greetings, I am called Ximix, (OOC: sounds like Zimix) I am a follower of Gliran and student of the arcane. I've travelled from Rivenblight with tales of adventure calling the way to this famous inn . . . and alas, here I am!
I am open to any adventure near or far and will use the blessings Gliran grants for the party good. Well met to you all."

With that the Elf approaches the bar and orders a light meal and some Elven mead.

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens, and in enters a distracted man in plain clothes. He seems to be oddly unaware of his surroundings. He is obviously nervous, and with reluctantance he rather quietly announces: "I need some help."

One of Joe's employees apparantly hears the pitiful man and engages him in conversation. After a short bit the employee signals to Joe, who joins the two. Shortly thereafter, the employee shows the man to one of the private rooms, while Joe with a loud voice announces to his guests congregated in the common room:

"An opportunity has presented itself to save my storeroom. The man you have just seen has a simple job just outside the city." Joe gives a small snort then continues. "Go see what he has to say, it'll give you kids the opportunity to leave my Inn and see the sun."

Having said that Joe returns to his position at the bar.

Any adventurer that enters the room where the man has been positioned will find him seated at a table with a small plate of food and a curiously delicate glass. He is alone, but there are a number of seats around the table. In the center of the table is a pitcher and a number of mugs.

OOC: This is a simple, short adventure for a small group of first level characters.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix listens, clearly interested, and then picks up his mead and walks into the room mentioned.

He takes a seat at the table and stares at the man who needs help...

LiquidBlue

First Post
The man looks up as the elf enters the room. As the elf takes a seat the man says:

"Are you an adventurer? We need somebody to help us. Joe said that some of his guests would be able to help us."

Ximix

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Ximix, can you email Nimisgod and me? Our email adresses are in the first post of the character thread.)
(Done.)

LiquidBlue said:
The man looks up as the elf enters the room. As the elf takes a seat the man says:"Are you an adventurer? We need somebody to help us. Joe said that some of his guests would be able to help us."

Ximix continues to stare at the man for a second longer than comfortable, then turns his head back towards the open doorway, looking at anyone approaching the room.
He speaks without turning back, a rather flat toned voice that nevertheless carries clearly, "I am. Perhaps myself, along with a few others, will endeavor to aid you. Let us await those not seated."

LiquidBlue

First Post
In a private room

Ximix said:
Ximix continues to stare at the man for a second longer than comfortable, then turns his head back towards the open doorway, looking at anyone approaching the room.
He speaks without turning back, a rather flat toned voice that nevertheless carries clearly, "I am. Perhaps myself, along with a few others, will endeavor to aid you. Let us await those not seated."

The man, clearly nervous before, is obviously unnerved by the elf's manner. He nods at the elf, "Right," he then takes a substantial gulp from his glass. Finding the elf's continued presence and manner slightly uncomfortable, he turns again to his plate, and keeps his eyes fixed downward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads