City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

corcio

First Post
wmasters said:
Sogram comes in and sits at the table, the chair creaking under his weight. "I can be delicate," he says, not entirely convincingly. "My name's Sogram."

ooc- LMAO that was priceless thank you.

Manon Laughs heartily "Of course my friend, of course. I appologize for implying otherwise."
he says and claps Sogram on the shoulder. Taking a seat beside the large barbarian, Manon motions for one of the Barmaids to bring over some more food for him and the others in the room. After the barmaid departs, receiving a wink and a smile from Manon of course, he delves into the food hungrily. "this is a wonderful establishment they have here isn't it?"

Last edited:

Ximix

First Post
Listening to the exchange, Ximix simply watches the others speak. His intent stare seems to linger on Manon . . .

LiquidBlue

First Post
In a private room

corcio said:
Turning to look at the man at the table for a moment Manon says "And speaking of names who might you be?"

Considering the men at the table, the man introduces himself, "My name is Rich Gorth. I am a farmer and live about 6 miles east of here." At this the man pauses. With a little encouragement the man continues.

"We don't have much to pay with," again a pause, as if he is trying something new, and is afraid of making a mistake. "There are three of us -- families I mean. We each have our farms next to each other. Richard was almost killed."

"I mean. I'm Rich Gorth, I have a family. Nearby lives the Nam and Tey families. Last night Richard Tey was attacked by something, and 3 days ago we lost one of our cows."

"I mean. The animals have been acting really spooked for about a week now, and we think that there might be something dangerous nearby."

"We've collected 42 gp 7 sp and 3 cp. It isn't much." As Rich delivers this last part it seems that he would rather avert his eyes, but he looks rather resolutely at the assembled company of adventurers.

corcio

First Post
Focusing intently on the man as he speaks Manon nods and finally after the man has concluded his offer says "Hmmm i wonder what sort of creature would be lurking around out there, its probably wolves. But i think we could probably handle it."
Manon smiles and glances at the others in the room catching Ximix staring eyes in doing so.

JonnyFive

First Post
"Well i didn't come here to hunt wolf's, but i guess we all must start somewhere. count me in." Anthony will comment as he mulls over the elf's behavior in his head.

LiquidBlue

First Post
In a private room

As the adventurers start to express willingness to help him out, Rich takes another sip from his glass then says, "Thank you for your help, or at least your interest."

corcio said:
Focusing intently on the man as he speaks Manon nods and finally after the man has concluded his offer says "Hmmm i wonder what sort of creature would be lurking around out there, its probably wolves."

JonnyFive said:
"Well i didn't come here to hunt wolf's, but i guess we all must start somewhere. count me in." Anthony comments.

Obviously grateful that he has found people that seem willing to help, nevertheless, Rich once again looks uncomfortable as they start to speculate as to the nature or identity of the attacker. He once again speaks, very meekly as if worried that he might scare away a shy bird, "Richard's injury is very peculiar. That is why we felt the need to seek help. When his son found him he was unconcious, yet he has no apparent injury or bruises."

LiquidBlue

First Post
In a private room

corcio said:
"that seems strange....well what did he say happened?" manon askes.

"Richard had not yet regained conciousness when I left this morning. We briefly searched the area where he was found, but we found nothing suspicious. Between us, we could not find evidence of any creatures not native to the area. Of course, he was found on a hard packed trail, so it is very easy for anything to arrive and leave without leaving a clue."

corcio

First Post
"Alright well I guess we can scratch the wolves off the list. I seriously doubt wolves just knock people unconscious and leave them lying about."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads