• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

corcio

First Post
Manon stands up from the table and speaks to Rich, "If there is nothing further you can tell us then I suppose we could ask around the inn and see if anyone else might be interested in lending a hand. Otherwise I would suggest we get moving." he pauses and takes on a dramatic tone "We won't have daylight forever."

ooc- i believe it was chunks of xp not bags....
i may be wrong though

Last edited:

corcio

First Post
Snapping out of his sudden dramatic state, Manon simply begins pacing the room. Apparently tired of juggling his dagger in one hand over and over again he simply seems focused on balancing the tip of it on his finger as he walks around flashing smiles and winks at the barmaids trying to catch their fancy. murmuring "Lovely....so very lovely." to himself several times in the process.

LiquidBlue

First Post
In a private room

JonnyFive said:
"Nothing taken. and no wounds... Perhaps rich just passed out? i'v see that happen." Razin comments as he leans back in his seat, with a scowl betraying his lack of understanding for the mystery that is unfolding. "So this cow, how was it injured. i know you mentioned one that hurt itself on the broken fence, but not how any other injurys, if it had any, were sustanied. oh yea, another thing, were there any of those... what do you call em.... the marks people make on the ground.... Were there any of those from any creatures around rich? how about the cows?" Razin asks in a sudden flurry of questions.

The dead cow seemed to have been ripped apart. I don't know whether it died that way, or if that happened after its death. While we didn't find any unusual tracks near Richard, we did find some smudges near the dead cow that seemed roughly human shaped.

OOC:

Boddynock said:
OOC:
How to roleplay a decision not to go for a first-level adventure!

I know. I ran into this same problem as I tried to present the adventure.

The adventure thread is L1: Strange Doings. We'll move things over there as soon as everyone has checked in.

corcio

First Post
Manon perked up upon hearing this. "So perhaps we can track whatever was out there. I know that some people in the area are skilled woodsman, perhaps someone else in the inn would be able to follow whatever was out there. Or at least identify whether the tracks were human or not. that might be a start." nearly dropping the dagger manon curses at himself under his breath for such clumsiness and goes back to juggling it over and over.

Ximix

First Post
Staring now at a point roughly halfway between Rich and the wall, Ximix speaks, this time with something akin to intrest, though barely.
"I would accompany you and see with my own eyes what has transpired." Pausing, Ximix stands, smiles a thin smile to Rich as he begins to speak again,
"Perhaps you could give voice to the local legends, especially concerning the Fey in your region. If not you, then mayhap you can direct us to one who can when we arrive."
With that the Elven priest stands back, out of the way, to allow Rich to lead or answer more questions.

Boddynock

First Post
corcio said:
ooc-

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0115.html

here you go...are you sure you dont want to come? it might be fuuuuun
OOC:
Thanks, I had actually gone back and found it again - although it cost me quite a bit of time ... very hard to just skim those comics. I keep getting sucked in.

As to joining the adventure, I think that Eusebius would be happy to help out - he's always happy to help out - but that a 4th level character would seriously disturb the balance of the party. Have fun! :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Ximix said:
A newcomer opens the door to the Inn, walking in quietly and taking in the various customers, Joe and finally the sign.
He is an Elf, fair skinned, grey of hair and eye, standing less than 5' as is common to his race. He is also slender and wears studded leather, a small and well used shield, and has a longsword at his hip and a shortbow and quiver on either shoulder. Perhaps the strongest impression (as well as the most colorful) the man makes is with a holy symbol of a bright blue sword on black metal disc hanging around his neck.
Smiling to Joe, then glancing about the room, "Greetings, I am called Ximix, (OOC: sounds like Zimix) I am a follower of Gliran and student of the arcane. I've travelled from Rivenblight with tales of adventure calling the way to this famous inn . . . and alas, here I am!
I am open to any adventure near or far and will use the blessings Gliran grants for the party good. Well met to you all."

With that the Elf approaches the bar and orders a light meal and some Elven mead.
Juliana perks to attention when the elf enters, and gives him a fairly dirty look. She simply shakes her head and returns to her drink, but keeps her eye on him.

Bront

The man with the probe
LiquidBlue said:
The dead cow seemed to have been ripped apart. I don't know whether it died that way, or if that happened after its death. While we didn't find any unusual tracks near Richard, we did find some smudges near the dead cow that seemed roughly human shaped.
"Sounds like something Rowan mentioned when he found out about his brother's... Illness," Juliana says. "They're not paying enough though. It's not worth the time and effort."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads