Into Khybers Gate

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good point." replies Bloodtalon as he helps Sedar move the dead scorpions into the room. Then he looks about to explore the room, moving first towards the hole carefully.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Johanel seems to have the child in hand for the moment. They stand at the doorway and watch as you move the bodies into the room and begin exploring. Picking his way across the room Bloodtalon approaches the hole set in the floor. It's original function is unclear, possibly a part of a waste disposal system. The inside walls are cracked in several places and about two feet down in the hole you can see a bundle of cloth wrapped around a rectangular object.

Erekose13

Explorer
"There is something down there." says Bloodtalon. He reaches in to grab the bundle, removing his cloak before if it looks like he might get refuse on it for trying.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Bloodtalon lifts the heavy object out of the hole and unwraps it. Beneath the cloth is a small lockbox. From the weight and the enticing jingling coming from within it it appears to be the goblins hoard the child told you about.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I'm not that small." Sedar replies with a wink, then takes a look at the lock. As he sets about to work on the lock, he continues "We are just here to recoup our losses, right? Maybe a bit more so it isn't immediately linked to us. That way, we avoid some more suspicion and maybe spark a bit of infighting in this gang, rather than force its wrath onto the rest of the district."

Erekose13

Explorer
Bloodtalon laughs, producing a strange bird like noise, "Thats not what I... in any case yeah I just want my money back. I'd be funny if these gangers fought amongst themselves instead of bothering others."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sedar breaks out his tools and quickly unlocks the box. Inside the lockbox are several dozen gold coins and some small gems, bloodstones and peridots by the looks of them. After appraising them for a moment, Sedar estimates the contents are worth 300 gold pieces.
Johanel moves into the room to see what is so interesting, dragging the goblin child with him. The child lets out a loud gasp when he gets close enough to glimpse the contents.

Remove ads