• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into Khybers Gate

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: just came up in my LEW game too and I had to look it up as well. Otherwise my big bad demon would've easily gotten to the party mage and torn her to shreds.

Bloodtalon hits again for minimal damage. "Sedar, if you move to the side a bit, this critter might come between us. If we can distract it like that it might be easier to hit."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The scorpion moves up to follow Sedar. As it steps through the doorway, Sedar pounces but his dagger fails to pierce the hard chitin once more. The scorpion presses forward and slashes with its claws and tail, but misses all attacks.

[SBLOCK]
New Initiative Order
Bloodtalon
Sedar
Scorpion

Sedar: 6/7 HP
Bloodtalon: 8/9 HP
Johanel: Full

Code:
#########
#       #
#  X    #
#     X #
####H####
#X SMB  #
#X      #
#   O  X#
#   JG  #
# _     #
#|_|   X#
#########

G = Goblin
S = Sedar
B = Bloodtalon
J = Johanel
M = Monstrous Scorpion

H = Door
X = Nest
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The scorpion has no better luck trying to catch one of you with its snapping claws and lashing tail. Across the room Johanel releases the goblin child to load his light crossbow and fire a bolt. It misses the scorpion by a wide margin and disappears through the doorway into the far room. The goblin child starts to edge away but Johanel shoots him a dark look that stops him in his tracks.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Don't forget you can use your action points to bump up your rolls when you're close. Use 'em or lose 'em when you level!

I'll be out of town until Sunday, not sure on net access yet.
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The last scorpion falls under your combined blows, though the corpse's legs continue to twitch for a time after death. With the last threat removed you raise your lantern to cast its light into the farm room. It is about 20 feet across and filled with garbage and debris. It looks as though the scorpions had scraped some of it into nests. At the far end of the room is a roughly circular hole in the floor about a foot around.

[SBLOCK]
Sedar: 6/7 HP
Bloodtalon: 8/9 HP
Johanel: Full

Code:
#########
#C      #
#  X    #
#     X #
####H####
#X S B  #
#X      #