Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
Weapon, Akhi, and Kharas travel with the schema to the tavern.

Siobhan, Stulgar, and Mordin stand outside the imposing Cannith enclave for quite a while before Mordin gets tired of waiting and knocks. While they look like thick heavy metal, a resounding thud can be heard when he bangs his fist on it. After a few moments, the small group hear the sound of gears moving and metal rasping as one of the great doors swings wide.

A page in the livery of House Cannith (a ram on a field of green) steps out and addresses the group. "Ahem, sorry for the wait if you were here long. We weren't expecting visitors at this time. What business do you have at the enclave?"

82924.jpg

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We bring news of the recovery of a secret and ancient schema sought by Bonal Geldem. Surely this is of interest to House Cannith, I would guess? Would it be possible to speak with someone who knows more about the matter or if any members of the house were already working on recovering the schema?"

GwydapLlew

First Post
Mordin looks at the female shifter and mentally groans to himself. This was her idea, and he was more than willing to let her dig her own grave.

[sblock=OOC]Rystil, this character is awesome. It's killing me to watch her put her foot in her mouth. :D[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yeah, I know--I feel so bad for poor Siobhan, really I do :eek: It's funnier this way, though, and true to her ability scores, I think (I still may not be doing her low Int score justice though--I know I'm very very bad at that unless I'm playing 6 or lower and I can just play them as a total imbecile :heh: ) )

Erekose13

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"We bring news of the recovery of a secret and ancient schema sought by Bonal Geldem. Surely this is of interest to House Cannith, I would guess? Would it be possible to speak with someone who knows more about the matter or if any members of the house were already working on recovering the schema?"

"Well, um, I see. I am not sure, I think you may want to speak to the Secretary if you have no appointment. Right this way." says the page. The young man leads you into the Cannith Enclave. Inside the doors is a fantastically high domed entry way. Various technological/arcane objects are on display hung at various heights in the room. On the other side of the room (a good 100' away), sat an older gentleman with a long white beard behind a great mahogany desk. He looked up from his ledger as the page lead the three of you forward.

"State your business." he said in a dry but deep voice as he pushed his spectacles back up his nose.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We have come to ask about a secret and ancient schema sought by Bonal Geldem as well as many rogue Warforged criminals, like the one that killed him," Siobhan explains, ]"We wanted to know if any members of House Cannith have been tasked with recovering this schema for the House. Specifically, there's one member who is asking after it, and we want to make sure she is operating aboveboard and isn't freelancing or answering to a different master."

'Best not mention the Lord of Blades if they think he isn't real' Siobhan congratulates herself on her discreetness and tact.

"Are you the person with whom we would speak on this matter?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Before answering your question he stops to think. "Bonal Geldem, provost, Morgrave, Pre-Galifar studies. Deceased three days ago." he ruminates pulling facts from out of thin air apparently."

"Whom may I say is asking?" he says in responce, turning a question back to you.

Rystil Arden

First Post
'I probably shouldn't give my name, but they might know if I'm lying with magic...well, if I answer, then Brother and the others can get away with not revealing their names, so...Maybe something that isn't a lie but isn't dangerous? I don't know...I should have thought of this beforehand--am I in over my head? Nah! This next bit is true, since his spirit called out to me...I'm so smooth!'

"My name is Swift. I was tasked by Bonal Geldem with completing his task and keeping his life's work away from his murderer. Now I must be sure that this is so."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ms. Swift, please wait a moment then if you will." he replies. Then he stops again thinking. "Bonal Geldem, Elaydren d'Vown, out on assignment." he mumbles to himself. It must be nice to have someone with eiditic memory as a secretary.

"Lady Elaydren d'Vown is currently out, we can contact her via a Sivis sending if you wish to see her now? Unless she has made previous arrangements with you, provided of course that she is the contact you have alluded to." he says finally in reply.

Remove ads