• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dream Team [Full for Now]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The Story So Far...

Freedom City has faced her share of peril before, but never like this.

Over the past several days, some mysterious force or foe has systematically defeated Freedom City's most noteworthy protectors. Captain Thunder was last seen in the grips of some sort of delirium, flying out of control into buildings and wreaking havoc with his thunderbolts before vanishing in a window-shattering blast of noise.

Daedelus and Dr. Metropolis met an unwelcome fate at the same time when Freedom Hall imploded. Rescue workers and heroes uncovered Daedelus's armor in the wreckage. They also found what appears to be Dr. Metropolis, but transformed into immobile, unliving stone.

Johnny Rocket's superspeed became uncontrollable. The speedster reportedly circled the globe more than a dozen times, causing huge waves, tearing up forests, and damaging millions of dollars worth of property before he apparently disintegrated.

And the casualties just kept on mounting. Lady Liberty: surrounded by her own force fields which then contracted down to a point, taking her with them. The Raven: simply vanished while swinging between buildings. Siren: drained of all moisture until nothing remained but an almost unrecognizable husk. The Atom Family: missing in action after allegedly traveling to Universe Q to help the peaceful aliens there against a deadly plague.

Even "second string" heroes such as Bowman, Megastar, and Nereid have met a variety of bizarre and seemingly fatal tragedies. Given that the mysterious sorcerer Eldrich's status is unknown, Freedom City's citizens fear that only one of their many established heroes is known to be still active.

Foreshadow recently contacted a handful of nearly unknown heroes, using his uncanny precognitive powers to track these heroes down. He has made an impassioned appeal, cryptically referring to recurring dreams in which these new heroes have formed a team of sorts to battle the ineffable evil that has defeated nearly all of Freedom City's defenders.

"We must all meet this Thursday," Foreshadow said, "at the base of Sentry Statue at 11:00 p.m. Something huge is going to happen, and we're the only ones who can do what needs to be done!"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Sounding off!

Er. Should we stick with the same characters as in ToV, or make new ones?

Also, I read Hero's post...but he seemed a bit vague. Is ToV officially cancelled?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Shayuri said:
Sounding off!

Er. Should we stick with the same characters as in ToV, or make new ones?

Also, I read Hero's post...but he seemed a bit vague. Is ToV officially cancelled?

I figured we keep it simple. Use the same heroes. As to ToV, search me. I'm still subscribed. If the game ever gets updated, Shaolin Beaver will continue to kick Mallrat's hairy backside.

:D

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I shall officially kick the game off this coming Sunday evening. Everyone from ToV who has sounded off before then gets in the game. If this means that we only have two or three players, so be it.

:D

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Some procedural stuff:

1. Let's continue to use Invisible Castle for all die rolls. Include die rolls in a [sblocked] OOC box at the end of your post. Since you're likely not sure if you succeeded, leave narration of results up to me most of the time.

Make sure you complete all the die roll fields. Use your character's name ,and include a short description in the Note field to let us know what the roll was for.

I shall also use Invisible Castle for die rolls, and will almost always post the results for you to see. When I don't, it's most likely because I've used GM Fiat.

2. If you want to spend a Hero Point on a die roll, please do so. I don't think Invisible Castle's mininum roll feature can also handle a variable. Let's treat a Hero Point as a +9 bonus (unless someone has a better idea or I'm wrong about the minimum roll feature).

3. If you want to spend a Hero Point on something else, just let me know. We'll adjudicate, to included retconning previous posts, as necessary.

Remove ads