(Casual D&D V) The Tourne

hellrazor111

First Post
I thank you for your words and help, elder one Cray says with a half-smile, respect in his voice. I just wish to help now, as I could not do so during the battle and after a moment, I know the feeling of losing the ones you love, and no one should have to feel it. Apon noticing Oliver's wound Cray says here, you take this, I have and can buy more

Guilt Puppy

First Post
One minutes passes, then another. The campsite has grown quiet. The things do not return.

The Tourneans take to binding their injuries, and to shrouding their dead. Federich finds two wide swaths of linen in one of the cart, and he, Brich, and Koehl begin to wrap the bodies. Harrold steps in to help as well, but is waved off by Koehl.

"Look about the camp and collect any valuables you can find, lad." His voice is laden with authority. "We'll send back to tear down the camp one we reach Geid, but anything we can carry now is better not left for thieves or opportunists."

(XP:

Xiao 3325
Nurthk 3325
Fendric 3300
Oliver 3275
Raven 3225
Cray 3125
Cylantro 3050)

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
ic - Casual

Xiao continues to watch the ground warily for a while. The battle has left him tired and sore, but somehow ... Xiao's thoughts slowly drift away as his mind turns inwards. The noise of his heart beating fills his head. He follows the blood as it flows around his body. It clusters around the damaged skin and muscle, clotting and feeding the tissue as it repairs itself. Wounds close, bruises bloom and fade ...

Xiao snaps back into awareness of the world around him. Only a moment has passed, judging by the positions of the others around him. It feels like much longer. Xiao inspects one of his wounds. Barely a few minutes old, but it has almost healed and faded from sight. A huge smile spreads slowly across his broad features. Despite the time he has been away from his teachers, he has not lost his way completely. He continues to learn, and grow in the ways of his temple.

The temple. The thought brings Xiao crashing back to earth. He has travelled the breadth of the world to find the lost artefacts. No not lost, stolen. Stolen by his father. Impatience fills the monk. He pokes it in the eye. But he can't ignore it completely.

"We must move now. We deliver the letters. The last letter. Then it is done."

dpdx

Explorer
[If we think I should roll these out, I'm perfectly willing to, provided those who need it ask for it. Otherwise, we can say Fendric's out of healing, but everyone is healed. I'm fine with either.]

Fendric moves around the camp, stopping to heal those who need it.

Hiritus, for his part, expends his Lay On Hands to others, but Fendric restores Hiritus to full health, and the paladin ventures behind an empty carriage and returns with Justice.

It is only after Hiritus is mounted up that Fendric pauses, and in quiet contemplation, ventures over to where the Tourneans are wrapping their dead.

"Gentlemen, I profoundly regret that your brothers have passed, and I will seek forgiveness for this terrible event from the Radiant Light as a result. If they will remain with us over the night, in the morning I shall prepare burial blessings so that each of them may surely return to his god.

In fact, given the recent scourge of this area, I would insist upon it, as those creatures were of the putrefying taint of undeath, and such a death in such a setting would suggest that caution is indicated.
"

DrZombie

First Post
Raven looks at the dead with a steely determination in his eyes.

"Better that we burn the corpses before nightfall. I can assure you it's ery unpleasant to fight your recently deceased comrades in the night."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"We'll be in Geid by nightfall," says Koehl, flatly. "There will be no need for any of that."

(Corrected the city name in the previous post - whoops!)

doghead

thotd
ic - Casual

Xiao assists as he can, impatient to be underway once again.

Once moving, Xiao takes his usual position either up front or on one one of the flanks of the caravan. At the first indication that they are approaching Geid, Xiao moves to the front, keen to get a look at their next destination.

dpdx

Explorer
Guilt Puppy said:
"We'll be in Geid by nightfall," says Koehl, flatly. "There will be no need for any of that."
Fendric nods, duly chastised by Koehl's tone. Discouraged, he walks back to the carriage.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Having heard no reply to his question, and feeling his usefulness to have come to an end, Nurthk limps back to the carriage where he had been reading to wait until such a time as treatment became available. After applying some makeshift bandages, more to prevent himself bleeding on anything than aid in recovery, he found the page where he was at and continued reading where he left off.

Remove ads