• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Leif

Adventurer
Hmmm, Cure Disease, huh? Can the infection be dealt with for a day until I can re-gain spells? I just made my spell selections for the day, unfortunately, and I went with Remove Curse instead of Cure Disease.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Leif said:
Hmmm, Cure Disease, huh? Can the infection be dealt with for a day until I can re-gain spells? I just made my spell selections for the day, unfortunately, and I went with Remove Curse instead of Cure Disease.

SRD said:
Spontaneous Casting

A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can "lose" any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with "cure" in its name).

To me, that'd make cure disease a cure spell, and able to be cast spontaneously, thus negating the need to prepare it.

Mista Collins

First Post
If things go the way they have been, Tanith will probably nuke the thing before there is a chance her companions inflicting the curse/disease. Her friends might be a little singed, but they won't be chaos beats. :D

Leif

Adventurer
industrygothica said:
To me, that'd make cure disease a cure spell, and able to be cast spontaneously, thus negating the need to prepare it.
Cool! Wow, I never even thought about that, thanks! But just to clairfy things for me, I can't lose a domain spell for a cure, can I? (I mean unless the cure IS a domain spell, which they are not for me.)

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Leif said:
Cool! Wow, I never even thought about that, thanks! But just to clairfy things for me, I can't lose a domain spell for a cure, can I? (I mean unless the cure IS a domain spell, which they are not for me.)

No. Once you prepare a domain spell you're stuck with it until you use it, or prepare another spell in its place.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shayuri, I'm still waiting on Talashia's sheet in the RG thread, when you get time.

For story purposes, I'm hijacking your scroll shop. Love the idea - and we'll say that the owner is also the local alchemist.

Group A knows the story about the alchemist. Group B doesn't.

Group B (or at least Talashia) knows that the alchemist's shoppe and the scroll shoppe are one in the same. Group A doesn't.

Should make for an interesting encounter when you get there.

Remove ads