D&D 4E 4e Character Sheet, by Neceros

Vempyre

Explorer
Skills and the class columns of dots :

I think these wont be necessary in 4E (at least not the 2nd or 3rd column) because multi-class wont work like before. You will not see a Fighter3/Wizard3/Druid3 with separate set of class skills, but from what we could read we will see a "Fighter who dabbles in wizardry a bit" instead.

Tehnai

First Post
Encumbrance

I doubt encumbrance[or however it's spelled] we'll work that way. In any case, we do know that running isn't (speed)X4 [or 3, or whatever number it could be if you just happen to be a cheetah]

neceros said:
I want to know what everyone wants from a 4th sheet.

If it has to be a multipage sheet - and I'm pretty sure it does, then I'd like the pages to be "silod" by use as much as possible. Say, one page with everything you need for combat, one with everything for skill challenges and non-combat (inlcuding rituals), one with all your level progression records and character history. I like the idea of only needing the one page at a time.

Flynn

First Post
Personally, I love the thought of a One Page, Front Only character sheet. Back in the day, we could create characters on the front piece of a single piece of paper. It's much harder to do that with 3E. (I use a stat block for my 3E characters, which is the only way I can do it myself.) Understandably, Powers may make that impossible, but I'd still like to see an attempt at it.

With Regards,
Flynn

sunrisekid

Explorer
I'll add my vote to the shingle-sheet option. You could probably trim it down a bit by:

- removing the Bags & Containers section (or roll it into the larger Equipment section above)
- reducing the Languages box (in my experience most players just have a couple extra)
- reducing the Notes area, or perhaps roll it in with other miscellanea (languages, weight, etc)
- perhaps combining the Feats and Powers sections, though that might be pushing it

It's definitely a good start given what we know of the rules. But if we're looking at characters with upwards of a couple dozen powers then maybe they will require their own separate sheet.

neceros

Adventurer
Good advice all.

You caught me on a few parts. I had meant to take out magic item bonuses and the magic item slots needed to be trimmed. I had forgotten!

Thanks for everyone's comments.

A note on the single or two sided page. I am in agreement. I'd love to see a sheet that scales down considerably from 3.5; that is what 4e is supposed to be about, right? I'm going to work on shoving pieces together to get a smaller real estate.

Things to change
-Language box
-Encumbrance
-Feats & Notes - needs to be trimmed or taken out

About the skills check list: I don't intend to keep it this way. This is a mock up from my 3e sheet, so it's left overs that haven't been sculpted yet. I was trying to get a feel for how many are interested in a sheet this early. I'm not sure if Paragon paths will have extra skill selections or not: my guess is it wont. In fact, I'll probably be taking out the class skill bubbles all together eventually.

Thanks all!

neceros

Adventurer
Okay.

I've completely redesigned everything to fit nicely. Please let me know what you think. Almost every page went through a rigorous work through.

Find it on the 4th download page on my website, www.neceros.com

Thanks!

Remove ads