• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tidbits from PHB Viewing

thalmin

Retired game store owner
jaldaen said:
So did anyone notice what the balancing mechanic was for the ranger's at-will dual attack mentioned earlier (penalty to attack, lower damage, something else)? I asked a few pages ago, but I think it got lost in the crowd of questions. Thanks ;)
I saw the question, but I don't have an answer for you.

hong said:
Great, you let it slip just once that you've banned death, and suddenly EVERYONE STEALS YOUR SCHTICK.
If by "slipping once" you mean posting it in every discussion related to that topic, and by "stealing", you mean copying (good?) ideas, yes, that can happen.

Stormtalon

First Post
Random items from browsing the PHB last night (local FLGS has an in-stock preview set): I saw questions about the potions from the KotS descriptions, so I looked at those specifically. Looks like 4 healing potions out there (and I can't remember their exact names, so I'll just go with effect); from weakest to strongest:

Cure 10 HP
Cure 25 HP, allow save vs 1 effect
Cure 50 HP, allow save vs all effects
Same as above BUT can also restore a VERY recently deceased person to life.

The last potion is also crazy expensive: 125,000 gp, so it's definitely an Epic Tier sorta item.

pweent

Explorer
Stormtalon said:
Looks like 4 healing potions out there (and I can't remember their exact names, so I'll just go with effect); from weakest to strongest:

Cure 10 HP
Cure 25 HP, allow save vs 1 effect
Cure 50 HP, allow save vs all effects
Same as above BUT can also restore a VERY recently deceased person to life.

The last potion is also crazy expensive: 125,000 gp, so it's definitely an Epic Tier sorta item.

Huh! I'm quite surprised to see that potions aren't based around healing surges metrics, e.g., "Regain hit points as though you had expended two healing surges, allow save vs 1 effect."

Protagonist

First Post
Scalding said:
What kind of action is required to quaff a potion? Do you heal your healing surge value in addition to the potion value?

1: minor (as clarified by - i think - WotC_Logan in a KotS thread)
2: dunno

Potions are like this specificly to prevent scaling so the potion you got at 1st level isn't as handy when you're at 30th. This way you have to keep updating your potions and be less afraid to use them.

Byronic

First Post
Scalding said:
What kind of action is required to quaff a potion? Do you heal your healing surge value in addition to the potion value?

It takes a minor action to use them and I don't think you get your healing surge on top of it.

Remove ads