KidSnide

Adventurer
Steely Dan said:
Yeah, I think you gain feats at levels:
1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30
This is almost certainly correct.

Steely Dan said:
I think you gain bonuses at:
4th (+1 to two different scores), 8th (+1 to two different scores), 11th (+1 to all scores) 14th (+1 to two different scores), 18th (+1 to two different scores), 21st (+1 to all scores), 24th (+1 to two different scores), 28th (+1 to two different scores).
This is interesting. Do you have a source?

cdrcjsn

First Post
Wolfwood2 said:
I am going to be running Keep on the Shadowfell in the homebrew world of a DM whose world does not have Raise Dead. In order to keep all pre-gens alive for the duration of the adventure, I am going to announce that I am banning death. Any PC who would ordinarily have died will instead be horribly injured and have to be taken back to town for a special healing ritual. Afterwards they will recieve a permanent impairment (like losing an eye or having a limp) and possibly suffer a -1 for three milestones.

So except for the flavor, in terms of mechanics, it's identical to death and raising the dead rules?

Wolfwood2

Explorer
cdrcjsn said:
So except for the flavor, in terms of mechanics, it's identical to death and raising the dead rules?

Yes. Given the players involved, some of them may well be hoping for the chance to end up with memorable scars/losses.

Counterspin

First Post
So you could have a rogue, with or without the 4e dual wielding feat, with a light blade in one hand for attacks that require it and a sturdier weapon in the other. Sounds good.

Last edited:

franzel

Explorer
pweent said:
He does: post number 17 in this very thread. ;)

See here.

Except that Thalmin's post:

+1 to each of two different stats at about every 4th level, but there are a few levels (I think 11 and 21) where every stat gets a +1 bonus.

Could also mean

4th (+1 to two different scores), 8th (+1 to two different scores), 11th (+1 to all scores), 12th (+1 to two different scores), 16th (+1 to two different scores), 20th (+1 to two different scores), 21st (+1 to all scores), 24th (+1 to two different scores), 28th (+1 to two different scores).

This results in one extra set of ability bonus increases to two of the player's choice.

pweent

Explorer
franzel said:
Except that Thalmin's post:

+1 to each of two different stats at about every 4th level, but there are a few levels (I think 11 and 21) where every stat gets a +1 bonus.

Could also mean

4th (+1 to two different scores), 8th (+1 to two different scores), 11th (+1 to all scores), 12th (+1 to two different scores), 16th (+1 to two different scores), 20th (+1 to two different scores), 21st (+1 to all scores), 24th (+1 to two different scores), 28th (+1 to two different scores).

This results in one extra set of ability bonus increases to two of the player's choice.

Ah, that's true. It's just a matter of triangulation. From WotC's Tiers excerpt, we know which levels you get advances at:

Tiers of Play said:
Determine Ability Scores. Generate scores as for a 1st-level character, applying racial modifiers. Then increase those scores as shown on the Character Advancement table in the Player’s Handbook, with increases at 4th level, 8th level, 11th, 14th, and so on.

So from the excerpt we can extrapolate at which levels the increases take place (no hedging bets with "about every 4th level"), and from thalmin's post we can determine how much those attributes advance at each increase.

I wouldn't say its proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, but the "4 8 11 14 18 21 24 28" theory seems pretty solid.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Wolfwood2 said:
I am going to be running Keep on the Shadowfell in the homebrew world of a DM whose world does not have Raise Dead. In order to keep all pre-gens alive for the duration of the adventure, I am going to announce that I am banning death. Any PC who would ordinarily have died will instead be horribly injured and have to be taken back to town for a special healing ritual. Afterwards they will recieve a permanent impairment (like losing an eye or having a limp) and possibly suffer a -1 for three milestones.
Great, you let it slip just once that you've banned death, and suddenly EVERYONE STEALS YOUR SCHTICK.

jaldaen

First Post
So did anyone notice what the balancing mechanic was for the ranger's at-will dual attack mentioned earlier (penalty to attack, lower damage, something else)? I asked a few pages ago, but I think it got lost in the crowd of questions. Thanks ;)

Remove ads